Hilton or Jack Trice: Where would you prefer to have better seats?

Where would you prefer to have better seats?

• Total voters

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
:biglaugh:

It always comes down to age for some people...I wonder why that is.

I'd venture to guess if the poll was "Where would you rather watch a game?" - JTS would win in a landslide. My vote would certainly change as hoops is a distant 2nd for me to football.

But when it comes down to the best seats in both venues - you get to see a lot more and "be part of the action" much more in Hilton. Just the nature of that sport.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I voted trice but now that I think about it I changed my mind. I want the Jack Nicholson seats but at Hilton. I'd love to be able to hear whats happening during TO's, I'd love to give the refs some:wink:encouragement. It would be the experience part of the game, much like tailgating is part of the experience at football.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't know about this one either... My seats WAY up in the corner are pretty crappy... I would much rather be down behind the basket like I was in school.... As for a football game, I'd take any seat other then hillside, its more about the atmosphere and the whole game day experience...

I don't know. I like my seats way up in the corner. But, if I could sit down below, I know I would.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I was a volunteer worker at football and basketball games at ISU from 1983-1987, and regularly had a seat courtside in Hilton and right behind the players at Trice (well, it wasn't JTS then, but bear with me.) Trust me, the courtside seats in Hilton are 100X as good as great seats at JTS.

But then, at the time, it was pretty frikkin' awesome to be associated with the men's bball program. I "got" Hilton magic, and trust me, there was times it felt like you couldn't breathe, the noise and shaking got so loud.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
IMO the seats don't matter as much in JT... because you're going to be pretty far away from the action either way. In Hilton, you can be courtside right next to the players. Heck, you may even have one jump into you trying to save a ball from going out!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I once got "Danny Manning'd" at a game.

And does anyone remember the short, blonde cheerleader with the looong pigtails that used to do backflips the length of the court? She once knocked me out, cold, when she got dizzy and went off the end of the court, doing a backflip. They tried to take us both to the hospital, but we both refused treatment to watch the game.

Yeah, it's frikkin' sweet!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Hilton, but to tell you the truth I've never been closer to the field than the student section at Trice. Most of my time is upper deck or endzone depending on the year.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I'd take a football game ten times out of ten over basketball.

However, with great seats in basketball - you're basically in the action. Football, you're never really nearly as close as you can be in basketball...so I'd go with Hilton. :)

This would be the same rational for me. I would rather be as close as possible in basketball, but in football I would rather be higher up usually.

jtaconutz

Feb 1, 2007
With your mom
Hilton wins in my book.
If you get too close of seats at JTS you are either in the endzone away from most of the action or behind the team bench and blocked from the action.
Courtside bball puts you in the middle of it all.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Basketball is better to be really close to the action than football, so I said Hilton.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
IMO, the best seats available at Jack Trice would be the luxury suites (I've never seen them, just speculating). I think sitting in one of the luxury seats near the 50 yard line would probably trump front row, center court at Hilton. If someone gives me free tickets in both locations, I would be more than happy to report my findings. :wink:

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Trice for sure...Football is just more exciting to me but I have never had the chance to sit courtside at hilton which i'm sure I would fall in love with! I have sat 2 rows up on the 50 yard line at Jake Trice and I love being so close to the team and I never had any trouble seeing over the sidelines like previously stated by other people...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I've sat in the front row of JTS on the 50 yard line for the Iowa game, and parquet row 5 mid-court at Hilton. Hilton far and away is the greatest. We laid into Herky so much at the football game he stopped walking by on his own sideline, and I would still take great Hilton seats over the joy of that game any day.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It depends on how you're defining a "good" seat. By good, do you mean close to the field/court? If that's the case, then give me HIlton, no questions asked. If by good you mean 50 yardline on the first row of the balcony, then I'd say Jack Trice. If you get too close to the field or are in an endzone at Jack Trice, you can't see what's going on on the other side of the field. Never have that problem in Hilton.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I love my seats at JTS (West side section D row 18).

The closer I can get to Hilton magic (floor seats) the better. Hilton would be my choice.

But I prefer our FB atmosphere over the BB atmosphere.. maybe because of the time of year and weather....

-keep.