Hilton or Jack Trice: Where would you prefer to have better seats?

Where would you prefer to have better seats?

• Total voters

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
More of a what sport would you prefer to have great seats for - basketball or football.

Vote and discuss. :smile:

Not a "which seats you want to upgrade" - but more of a "If I could have the best seats in the house, which venue/sport would I choose?" discussion.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd take a football game ten times out of ten over basketball.

However, with great seats in basketball - you're basically in the action. Football, you're never really nearly as close as you can be in basketball...so I'd go with Hilton. :)

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I just can't stand a poor field perspective in football the same way I am able to tolerate sitting behind a basket in BBall.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Tough call on 2 of my favorite places. I would go with Hilton because of the sport. Football is naturally played on a bigger area so being right next to action is great, but not totally necessary. Basketball court is much smaller so in my opinion much more important to have the great seats.

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'd take football over basketball anyday.....

Football - there are some bad seats at Jack Trice. I really don't like the hill side seats.

Basketball - for most non-conference games you usually can move down without having good seats to start with. For some conference games this season it seems to be happening with also.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Courtside Hilton, didn't even have to think twice about this. I've watched from the sidelines, endzone, and upper deck in JT and while all 3 have their perks I think the first part of the upper deck is the best place to see the whole field at JT. Sidelines was fun and a new way to see things but hard to see plays develop at times. Also, endzone was cool to see when the action was on your end of the field but once they got to to about the 30 a 2 yard and a 20 yard run looked about the same almost.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Courtside Hilton, didn't even have to think twice about this. I've watched from the sidelines, endzone, and upper deck in JT and while all 3 have their perks I think the first part of the upper deck is the best place to see the whole field at JT. Sidelines was fun and a new way to see things but hard to see plays develop at times. Also, endzone was cool to see when the action was on your end of the field but once they got to to about the 30 a 2 yard and a 20 yard run looked about the same almost.

No doubt about it!

1st row balcony ...50yd line. Best seat in Trice. I'm requesting those very seats this year!

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Hilton - the play development is much more important to see in football, and the action is more spread out. Being close in basketball is a much better choice. I'm going to miss being a few rows in for basketball once I graduate...

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Definately Trice, there isnt a "bad" seat in Hilton. You can see what is going on all the time. I have the end zone seats at Trice and havent actually sat in them for 2 years as you cant tell how many yards a play gains due to the angle behind or in front of the play, plus I have to turn my neck all the way around and watch the play on the big screen to tell, might as well be at home if I am watching a screen the whole time. Trice at the 50, 15 rows up on the East side behind the good guys bench.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Trice, even though I have decent seats, I would love to get better if JP would just let me.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
there isnt a "bad" seat in Hilton.

I don't know about this one either... My seats WAY up in the corner are pretty crappy... I would much rather be down behind the basket like I was in school.... As for a football game, I'd take any seat other then hillside, its more about the atmosphere and the whole game day experience...

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Looks like the 30+ crowd prefers better seats in Trice and the under 30 crowd prefers them in Hilton.

Wonder why that is?