Hillside Seating

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I have never bought hillside seats before and that seems like all there is left ticket wise. Does anyone know if you can bring lawn chairs in for hillside seating? For some reason I never remember walking into the games when i was sitting in the student section.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Pretty sure that's a negative. And given how packed it will be you'll likely be standing anyways.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I don't think you can, but with how steep the incline is I would think it would be extremely uncomfortable to sit like that. You probably would feel like you were being thrown out of your chair the whole game.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
You will stand...
You will stand at a steep angle...
If you are over 21...
YOU WILL HURT THE NEXT DAY!

Took my ankles over a week to feel normal again after the Iowa game in 2011. It was the first time I was on the hill in my life. Never again lol

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
You will stand...
If you are over 21...

Took my ankles over a week to feel normal again after the Iowa game in 2011. It was the first time I was on the hill in my life. Never again lol

Yeah, pretty much this. I've done the hills once. They don't look so bad from the stands, but after standing on them for a couple hours it really blows. People used to bring in blankets to sit on the ground, but with attendance where it is now that probably isn't possible.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Since you can't even bring in your own seat backs to use in the regular seating section, there's no way they would allow chairs for you to use on the hillsides. Even if they would work, which as several folks have said, they wouldn't due to the incline. Blankets at best, but you probably won't be able to see much.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You will stand...
If you are over 21...

You should have had some reverse high heel shoes for the hill.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Hubby and I are both old and we do hillside just for the early games usually, altho that is where we were for Okie State game in late Nov., but it was unseasonably warm. Standing is the hard part, sitting is fine. They have really oversold the student section too so there will be a lot of hill fallout from that.

We should just bite the bullet for season tix, but we feel that the contribution levels are sort of whack since we are paying thousands of dollars for our current ISU student.