High School Football & potential new Big 12 members

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
High school football has been on at least a decade long decline in the number of kids participating in the sport. However, what is interesting is that the quality of high school football throughout the country is increasing for all the obvious reasons. The potential number of players that can play at the highest level continues to increase.

If the money is somewhat in a similar ballpark and we can keep facilities and coaches to compete at the highest level, I am becoming a little bit more intrigued with being a bigger dog in what is still going to be a very competitive and nationally recognized conference. We have been in a meat grinder forever and really don't know anything different.

The number of high school athletes that can play at the highest level continues to increase and I think a guy like Matt Campbell will win at this game, even if we aren't in a so-called "power four" conference.

Let the SEC kick the s*** out of each other while being full of great athletes and your record can still be 6-6. I am encouraged that our chances of going 8-4 to 10-2 every year will increase and our chances of building a national brand will go way up under the structure.

Is this the situation we all hoped for and will the money be ideal? Absolutely not. However, there are some intangibles that are coming to light that I believe are real and we could be the beneficiary over the ensuing years.

Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

chiroclone88

Nov 14, 2006
I'm not a robot
High school football has been on at least a decade long decline in the number of kids participating in the sport. However, what is interesting is that the quality of high school football throughout the country is increasing for all the obvious reasons. The potential number of players that can play at the highest level continues to increase.

If the money is somewhat in a similar ballpark and we can keep facilities and coaches to compete at the highest level, I am becoming a little bit more intrigued with being a bigger dog in what is still going to be a very competitive and nationally recognized conference. We have been in a meat grinder forever and really don't know anything different.

The number of high school athletes that can play at the highest level continues to increase and I think a guy like Matt Campbell will win at this game, even if we aren't in a so-called "power four" conference.

Let the SEC kick the s*** out of each other while being full of great athletes and your record can still be 6-6. I am encouraged that our chances of going 8-4 to 10-2 every year will increase and our chances of building a national brand will go way up under the structure.

Is this the situation we all hoped for and will the money be ideal? Absolutely not. However, there are some intangibles that are coming to light that I believe are real and we could be the beneficiary over the ensuing years.
I've heard good things about Bishop Sycamore - a school in Ohio that I think has a lot of DI talent. Hopefully our coaches know.
>green pirate face<

• Funny
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron