Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
  • Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Great find! It would be nice if ISU showed this picture more often, if at all.

I recall a Donald Kaul (RIP) column from 1996 where he wrote other schools would trip all over themselves to create a legend like Jack, yet:

"Iowa State has had to be dragged kicking and screaming to recognition of Trice."

The situation has improved since Kaul wrote those words, but look at how many opportunities remain. Maybe start by actually recognizing his number 37 in some way?

I am just one person, easily dismissed, but perhaps ISU will listen to more fans. After all, Jack is a story that belongs to all of us.

is the jersey red and yellow here? i know it is black and white photo but it looks really dark. Does ISU have this jersey?

I own the only known existing 1923 ISU jersey, which is the same kind as what Jack is seen wearing here: gold with gray stripes and a red number on the back. Those gold jerseys made their debut in the Minnesota game.

No, Kag had a photo of it I believe in a previous thread. Family has it.

FYI, I don't intend on keeping it buried in my basement next to other minor items that I've discovered in my research like the Amber Room and the Ark of the Covenant.

Stay tuned for a well-crafted, rather lengthy article with a clever twist that leads you to think something else before it discloses the truth. It is the Kagavi style! Love it.

Not this time. I'm more consumed by the pile of stuff I have yet to share from one of Jack Trice's teammates.

Hmmm. Maybe I should do something about that. Maybe I am ...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not this time. I'm more consumed by the pile of stuff I have yet to share from one of Jack Trice's teammates.

Hmmm. Maybe I should do something about that. Maybe I am ...[/QUOTE]

Reply has a classic Kagavi twist at the end!

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I almost want to put that picture on the colorize sub-reddit to see what they come up with.

I would be surprised if Kagavi hasn't already found a way to colorize that photo.

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
I almost want to put that picture on the colorize sub-reddit to see what they come up with.

I would be surprised if Kagavi hasn't already found a way to colorize that photo.

Picture is far too dark and low resolution to even attempt this. I have noodled around with coloring the high resolution photos found on the ISU digital collections site. Maybe some day I'll find enough time to really sit down and bang out a color photo.

Here's a tiny thumbnail of a WIP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 7.39.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 7.39.19 AM.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 137

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Picture is far too dark and low resolution to even attempt this. I have noodled around with coloring the high resolution photos found on the ISU digital collections site. Maybe some day I'll find enough time to really sit down and bang out a color photo.

Here's a tiny thumbnail of a WIP.

See, I knew you must have already been working on this! Carry on. :D

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but thought I would mention that I had a nice week of research last week. Realllllllly nice. The attic of a 100 year old house treated me very well.

Is it groundbreaking?

Yes.​

Incredibly rare?

Yes.​

I'm afraid to ask, but ... Jack?

Yes.​

Did I tear up a little bit?

Yes.​

Hmmmm. Soon my friends. Soon. I might be doing a custom sweatshirt (or shirt) project shortly as well. Stay tuned.

LoyalFawker

Jul 13, 2016
Kansas City
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but thought I would mention that I had a nice week of research last week. Realllllllly nice. The attic of a 100 year old house treated me very well.

Is it groundbreaking?

Yes.​

Incredibly rare?

Yes.​

Yes.​

Yes.​

Hmmmm. Soon my friends. Soon. I might be doing a custom sweatshirt (or shirt) project shortly as well. Stay tuned.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm super excited.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Is it groundbreaking?

Yes.​

Incredibly rare?

Yes.​

Yes.​

Yes.​

Oh you're such a tease!

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
100.gif

• Agree
Reactions: isumellie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Naming our stadium after him is kind of a big recognition. I'd like a premanent Trice throwback jersey to be used once per year/every few years.

This is cool. Can we get posters for our totally-not-wife-approved Cyclone man caves?

It's one of the most original looks ISU has gone with.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Is it groundbreaking?

Yes.​

Incredibly rare?

Yes.​

Yes.​

Yes.​

Might we ask where the 100 year old house is located? California? Iowa? Ohio?

If Iowa, I'm sorry we didn't get to see you again.