Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I'm fasting and I'm working out at noon. It's a fat killer and that's by far my most productive time of day. I have the most energy and the most stamina working out then. I'm a dog in the mornings and just can't get the same output and after work just leaves a lot of opportunity to get squeezed out.
I fast for 17-18 hours and it is amazing how much energy I have during that time. Your body just becomes a machine during that time. I workout every day after work, but man I wish I could do morning, like you, i'm just far to tired and not all there.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Mine has been like 65 this week so I know I'm sick. Never stayed that high even 9 months pregnant. In labor Drs asked if I were a runner because even all medded up and in mucho pain, my HR was 50 with low BP. They were hesitant on doing Fentanyl on top of the non-working epi and said let us know right away if you're drowsy. I was like why, is napping bad? They go no, but stopping breathing is. Oh. :eek:

When I was getting slightly longer stretches of sleep earlier this year, some of my overnight Fitbit measurements dropped into the 30's. Pretty much dead.
That's absolutely incredible! I workout 5-6 times a week and I would consider myself in really good shape and my resting heart rate is only 58-59 per my fitbit.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
  • Winner
Reactions: FBFAN and Cy$

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
Mine has been like 65 this week so I know I'm sick. Never stayed that high even 9 months pregnant. In labor Drs asked if I were a runner because even all medded up and in mucho pain, my HR was 50 with low BP. They were hesitant on doing Fentanyl on top of the non-working epi and said let us know right away if you're drowsy. I was like why, is napping bad? They go no, but stopping breathing is. Oh. :eek:

When I was getting slightly longer stretches of sleep earlier this year, some of my overnight Fitbit measurements dropped into the 30's. Pretty much dead.

I've seen my garmin show 31 bpm a couple times. Both were during long classroom sessions at work trainings in cold rooms. It was also very hard to stay awake lol. My average resting HR over the past year is 47bpm.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
That's absolutely incredible! I workout 5-6 times a week and I would consider myself in really good shape and my resting heart rate is only 58-59 per my fitbit.

I think a lot of it is really genetics. That's a great RHR.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I've seen my garmin show 31 bpm a couple times. Both were during long classroom sessions at work trainings in cold rooms. It was also very hard to stay awake lol. My average resting HR over the past year is 47bpm.

wow! I like to see mine stay low 50's but poor quality sleep and constant sickness is driving it up these days. Averaging low 60's this week which I think is the highest in my four years of tracking - minus maybe a couple weeks very early pregnancy (actually how I knew I was probably preg, HR started spiking and I wasn't getting sick). Which is really interesting to see the impact those things have on your body.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Lost? Maintained?

Overall, how are you feeling?

I visited my hometown this weekend and lost control a bit with pre-Christmas food.

Need to fast this week a bit.
Pretty sure he lost 4 pounds this week. Will be interesting to see how he does through the holidays.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I gained 0.2 pounds over the holidays. The struggle is real.

On my third cup of coffee this a.m. Sloth day, didn't get up till after 9 a.m. but I did stay up till 1:30ish reading. Probably should do SOME calories before I shovel the driveway and go knock snow of my columnar white pines (they be looking like weeping pines right now :(). Made a pot roast last night so maybe still loaded on potatoes and such yet today. Not feeling like I am out of fuel by any means.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Went to the gym and ran a couple miles on the track, if slugging out miles at 125% of what I used to do 30 years ago is still running. Hadn't been in since Dec 14 (sick and elbow tendentious blew-up bad after shoveling too much one day) and even without any holiday meals or parties slender me still gained a couple of pounds. Might have something to do with sitting around the house for two weeks eating chocolate and drinking wine. Could be a correlation. :rolleyes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron