Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I really wanted to crack open the wine last night but held off. It's very tempting though as you say. Plus less movement through the day......trying to psych myself up to go outside now, too cold for me but the toddler needs to work off his zoomies.
Luckily I have been doing some in home workout stuff and going on walks so that helps. Looks like end of the weekend through next week will be nice so should be able to get some socially distanced bike rides.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My workout routine has steady really steady since I've been utilizing Beachbody on demand but I need to lay off the booze. Both my wife and I are working from home and trying to educate our kids so by the end of the day I'm ready for a couple drinks. Diet wise I feel like I'm doing ok. I'm not eating salads for lunch like I was just because fresh produce is hard to keep but I'm not eating a lot of bad food either. I'm probably snacking a little bit more than I was but again I'm not eating a bunch f junk food. I will be curious to see what the scale says on Friday.

Reactions: simply1

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm down from 232 to 211 doing Keto for the last month. I honestly thought it would be super hard to make the change but it's been pretty easy, it helps that I think eating more protein and fat makes it so I basically never feel hungry. My energy levels throughout the day feel a lot more even. I eat just about whatever I want as long as I stay under ~22g of carbs for the day.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Checking in - how's everyone doing with their goals? Gained your Covid 19 yet? Or maybe Quarantine 15?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Checking in - how's everyone doing with their goals? Gained your Covid 19 yet? Or maybe Quarantine 15?
I’m hovering around 230...
It’s better from where I started, but still a ways to go to be “healthy”
I’ve been learning to jump rope and it’s kicking my ass in multiple ways. It’s a lot of fun though.
Been focusing on eating at home and not ordering from fast food. That is the key to me being successful.
This pandemic has really put into perspective the importance of good health. Majority of people struggling with the virus are overweight, diabetic and with high blood pressure... yikes. I’ve been working out recently not to only to look better and feel better, but to live! Crazy that I would be realizing that...

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Started a keto program (<30g carbs, moderate protein, focused on Type II diabetes control) on Feb 12. First official weigh in that morning was 336. This morning I was 300.7. Haven't been under 300 since probably 2003 or so. Hit a high of 365 in summer of 2017, when I was first diagnosed with Type II. Not doing really any consistent exercise, just diet.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Started a keto program (<30g carbs, moderate protein, focused on Type II diabetes control) on Feb 12. First official weigh in that morning was 336. This morning I was 300.7. Haven't been under 300 since probably 2003 or so. Hit a high of 365 in summer of 2017, when I was first diagnosed with Type II. Not doing really any consistent exercise, just diet.
Great progress, noticed any good/bad side effects?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That's awesome! I bet you feel so much better.
A great way to get into the groove of exercising is just by doing yardwork around the house. Be careful not to strain yourself and to have water, but yardwork makes five hours go by fast. By a crappy push mower if you have to... that workout will kick your A**

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That fantastic! What a great milestone to hit! Use this positive result and keep kicking butt! Continue to set more goals and milestones to hit Life with out goals is setting yourself up for plateauing and/or failure

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Weighed in at 204 this morning. Down 46 lbs since Aug 22. 4 more to hit my original goal. Then start working on getting down to my ultimate goal of 185. Gonna have to start working out to reshape things.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Great progress, noticed any good/bad side effects?
Not really. The program I'm doing is a benefit from my employer - I get a little kit to monitor ketones and glucose, a scale, an app for tracking, and I have a health coach and a doctor reviewing my info and providing feedback. They told me I'd need to increase my salt intake because the body processes it much faster in ketosis. If I don't get enough, I get headaches. But I never really had the "keto flu" and the diet agrees with me.

ETA: Good/bad side effect is none of my pants fit anymore...

ETA II: My average fasting glucose has dropped from about 125 to 90 (it's supposed to be <99) and my A1c (a 3 month avg glucose test) has dropped from 7.1 to about 5.7. Type II diagnosis happens at >6.5.

Last edited:

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
A great way to get into the groove of exercising is just by doing yardwork around the house. Be careful not to strain yourself and to have water, but yardwork makes five hours go by fast. By a crappy push mower if you have to... that workout will kick your A**
I've done some exercise, which is how I got from 365 down to about 335 and maintained that for a year. But I had been going to a gym and lifting rather than walking running. I love to lift, but I HATE cardio. Since quarantine we did buy a Bowflex MaxTrainer that I hit a few times a week and I'm starting to put together a home gym. I put up a basketball hoop in the driveway a couple weeks ago.

Regarding yardwork, we live on a half acre lot in western WA so it's big AND hilly, with some terraces that make it impossible to mow with a riding mower. I'm keeping my self propelled mower, thanks.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Not really. The program I'm doing is a benefit from my employer - I get a little kit to monitor ketones and glucose, a scale, an app for tracking, and I have a health coach and a doctor reviewing my info and providing feedback. They told me I'd need to increase my salt intake because the body processes it much faster in ketosis. If I don't get enough, I get headaches. But I never really had the "keto flu" and the diet agrees with me.

ETA: Good/bad side effect is none of my pants fit anymore...

ETA II: My average fasting glucose has dropped from about 125 to 90 (it's supposed to be <99) and my A1c (a 3 month avg glucose test) has dropped from 7.1 to about 5.7. Type II diagnosis happens at >6.5.
That is good, the flu would be concerning. How's your cholesterol, etc?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
That is good, the flu would be concerning. How's your cholesterol, etc?
Fortunately I've never had problems with cholesterol. I am curious to see what it looks like next time I get it taken, but I've been pretty strict with getting my fats primarily from the good sources - olive and canola oil, real butter, and of course in proteins. I dont anticipate any problems. All my bloodwork besides my glucose has always been spot-on.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My father bought one just to **** with me. I used it until I was a junior in high school...

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

Keep at it, it works!! I hit a high of 328 in October of 2018. Being 6’7” I can carry weight but not that much. I started a strict keto program and barely exercised. By August of 2019 I was down to 248. My goal was to lose 40 since I was turning 40, but it just kept coming off and it was an easy dietary transition.

Fast forward to today and I’d been living low carb and sugar free and keeping weight off. Lockdown has added a few lbs on me and I’m around 255 so I’m getting more strict to get back down.

After some time you really won’t have to track as much as just avoiding processed foods and high sugar foods (processed and natural) becomes natural.

Good luck and keep going. As someone that has lost the equivalent of my 11 year old daughter it’s worth every moment. You’re at the cusp of a huge mental roadblock by no longer having 3 at the beginning of your weight. From my experience once you hit the 200s you will get even more motivated and driven as your target weight for the first time feels like an achievable goal. Keep going!!

Reactions: CycloneNorth