Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So T25, does that mean it's 25 minutes? And is it just all bodyweight stuff like Insanity or a little different? I guess I don't really need anything extra right now between running and my post partum strength training workout series but if I get bored...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
did Insanity for a few years and that was always a great workout. Should see about breaking them out again but I honestly got sick of them from doing them so much. I was doing the 45-55 length ones.......think I'd need to cut it down to 25-30 to not burn out with current time restrictions.

I have the t25 and insanity max 30 dvds if you want either of them.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So T25, does that mean it's 25 minutes? And is it just all bodyweight stuff like Insanity or a little different? I guess I don't really need anything extra right now between running and my post partum strength training workout series but if I get bored...

I would say t25 is an easier, shorter version on Insanity. As mentioned, there's also a modifier and I think in T25 it's Tonya who just had a kid at the time it was made.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I've been using an app called Power 20 the past few days. I can do this at home and it takes only 20 minutes. I'm down about 8 pounds since January 1st by fasting on Wednesday and Friday of each week (side salad for lunch and 1 normal evening meal). I've incorporated the Power 20 to add some exercise.

• Informative

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have been stuck around 5 lbs. lost for some time now. I will gain a little back and then re-lose it.

My daughter has had soccer training at a new facility three days a week so I am trying to get a run in each of those days around the perimeter of the pitch. Some days it is a half hour, some 45 minutes, some an hour. Last night I went 75 minutes and got 7 miles in. I am trying to stay entirely aerobic so I can burn fat on the run.

The Super Bowl was not good. I didn't take the daughter that evening and didn't get the run in and then ate crap (not horrible crap, but certainly not good) that night. At least I limited the volume I ate and only had one beer.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

Yeah 25 minutes (plus a 3 minute cool-down stretch). The Beta workouts (weeks 6-10) incorporate light dumbbells. I use 12 lb'ers, I think most women in the dvd's are using 5 lb'ers. You can also use resistance bands instead (which come with the program), but I found the dumbbells to be more effective.

There's also a Gamma program which focuses more on strength than cardio. I went through that a couple of times. I found Beta to be most effective at shedding weight.

• Informative

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Went to the doctor for a sinus infection on Monday. Bad news - I got on the scale and discovered that I gained three pounds in the last couple weeks. Good news - my resting heart rate was 59 BPM and my blood pressure was 110/70, and that was smack in the middle of a fairly stressful day.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Went to the doctor for a sinus infection on Monday. Bad news - I got on the scale and discovered that I gained three pounds in the last couple weeks. Good news - my resting heart rate was 59 BPM and my blood pressure was 110/70, and that was smack in the middle of a fairly stressful day.

I mean you know most of that 3lbs is that **** in your nose.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Nice work dude! How are you feeling?
I feel great! I have a ton more energy and my back and knees feel WAY better already.

I'm realizing that I kinda went about this all wrong. I tried to find different diet and workout regimens that I hear guys like Joe Rogan would do; it took me a few months to realize that I am not Joe Rogan. First of all, I have an addiction to fast food and soda; he doesn't. I also haven't been able to finish an intense workout since I was a freshman in college. Those "grand plans" weren't working for me.

The big epiphany came when I downloaded the underarmour fitness app. I tracks your weight, calories consumed and calories burned through steps and workout that you record; there's probably dozens of apps that do the same thing. I went to McDonald's one day (after I felt sorry for myself) and I decided to put my meal into the system. I was shocked. My meal (which is what I would usually get) was around 2,100 calories. ONE MEAL. OVER THE RECOMMENDED CALORIC INTAKE. I was floored, because I had already planned on going to Chipotle that night and making cookies for my wife (which I would have to eat a few).

I had no idea that I was eating THAT many calories.

So now the plan is just try to eat relative clean food from home and record everything I eat. I go workout after I've eaten everything I am going to eat that day just say I can't convince myself that a hard workout = eat trash.

We got this guys.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I feel great! I have a ton more energy and my back and knees feel WAY better already.

I'm realizing that I kinda went about this all wrong. I tried to find different diet and workout regimens that I hear guys like Joe Rogan would do; it took me a few months to realize that I am not Joe Rogan. First of all, I have an addiction to fast food and soda; he doesn't. I also haven't been able to finish an intense workout since I was a freshman in college. Those "grand plans" weren't working for me.

The big epiphany came when I downloaded the underarmour fitness app. I tracks your weight, calories consumed and calories burned through steps and workout that you record; there's probably dozens of apps that do the same thing. I went to McDonald's one day (after I felt sorry for myself) and I decided to put my meal into the system. I was shocked. My meal (which is what I would usually get) was around 2,100 calories. ONE MEAL. OVER THE RECOMMENDED CALORIC INTAKE. I was floored, because I had already planned on going to Chipotle that night and making cookies for my wife (which I would have to eat a few).

So now the plan is just try to eat relative clean food from home and record everything I eat. I go workout after I've eaten everything I am going to eat that day just say I can't convince myself that a hard workout = eat trash.

We got this guys.

This realization is great. You definitely aren't/weren't alone in not knowing the number of calories in various foods, especially in the fast food/snack categories! I agree logging EVERY food input to start out with helps. After a while you don't need to since you have a better idea of food values. Liquids are a good one too that get forgotten about or ignored. Keep it up!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

We got this guys.
Awesome! It's crazy how much just being aware of how many calories are in things can help. They add up quick! Nice work man!

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

We got this guys.

Awesome to hear!! Is it the soda you are addicted to or the carbonation? I just cut off soda but still needed the carbonation as a way to stay off soda. It has worked. Soda Stream works great. I can do carbonated water, or a couple of drops of flavor enhancer. The sad part is they came out with Mountain Dew zero know and I had to try it. 0 calories and zero sugar they use aspartame in it after reading the label. But hence reading the label on things really does give you an idea on what you taking in for calories, etc.

I need to figure out how the scale at the gym could read 225 one day and the next day it read 228? I figured it was 226.5 on the average. That puts me down almost 12 lbs over a 2 year span since I started biking. Sure what I eat varies from good choices to not so good choices but I stay dedicated to some form of exercise namely to road biking or biking at the gym. 15.5 miles a day in 45 minutes as I stay at level 15 resistance at the gym. I will every now and then kick it up to 16 but I normally stay at level 15 for the whole ride. My goal everyday is 45 minutes or less. Gotta have a goal!!

Last edited:

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Awesome to hear!! Is it the soda you are addicted to or the carbonation? I just cut off soda put still needed the carbonation as a way to stay off soda. It has worked. Soda Stream works great. I can do carbonated water, or a couple of drops of flavor enhancer. The sad part is they came out with Mountain Dew zero know and I had to try it. 0 calories and zero sugar they use aspartame in it after reading the label. But hence reading the label on things really does give you an idea on what you taking in for calories, etc.

I need to figure out how the scale at the gym could read 225 one day and the next day it read 228? I figured it was 226.5 on the average. That puts me down almost 12 lbs over a 2 year span since I started biking. Sure what I eat varies from good choices to not so good choices but I stay dedicated to some form of exercise namely to road biking or biking at the gym. 15.5 miles a day in 45 minutes as I stay at level 15 resistance at the gym. I will every now and then kick it up to 16 but I normally stay at level 15 for the whole ride. My goal everyday is 45 minutes or less. Gotta have a goal!!

The difference is water weight. You dont just stay one weight consistantly throught the day/days. Flucuating a few pounds is normal depending on time of day, what you ate, how much liquid you drank, etc. That's one reason that the recommendation is to weigh in at the same time of day/week if you want to compare or track your weight.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The difference is water weight. You dont just stay one weight consistantly throught the day/days. Flucuating a few pounds is normal depending on time of day, what you ate, how much liquid you drank, etc. That's one reason that the recommendation is to weigh in at the same time of day/week if you want to compare or track your weight.

Scary part was that it was around the same time.