HB Diary - Kansas

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If Iowa played Duke I would probably root for the referees to blow a ton of calls. Make both fan bases mad and then for them to tie.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
ok....poll time..... pick if he goes to Iowa state or other... someone set this up.....CF set this up. Whatever you bet... you get double back....

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Absolutely...to me it comes down to being able to go to UNC/Duke and just "be another McD AA who does well there" or go to ISU and go down in history as the greatest player ever to play for them and be a major contributor to the ISU team in the Final 4.

Final Four? might be a little to much koolaid

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Final Four? might be a little to much koolaid

I'm the #1 recruit in the nation. As such I gotta believe I'll drastically improve a team. And if said team is placing 3rd -6th in their conf I could help them up a few spots.

Again..that's if I'm in his shoes. It just comes down to being just another McD AA to play for them or to truly be remembered as a special player.

I really like HB but to be honest I just think historically Duke/UNC have some players that he'd never surpass in the fan's eyes.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I really like HB but to be honest I just think historically Duke/UNC have some players that he'd never surpass in the fan's eyes.

You mean just like if Harrison came here people would still talk about how they liked Hoiberg/Grayer/Stevens/Hornacek/Tinsley/Fizer more? :wideeyed:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
You mean just like if Harrison came here people would still talk about how they liked Hoiberg/Grayer/Stevens/Hornacek/Tinsley/Fizer more? :wideeyed:

If HB is the player he's rated to be...he'll easily surpass them. I don't believe any of them were as highly touted out of school. Fizer was excellent but not the numero uno prospect.

But you raise a good point...let's make that same list for UNC or Duke and see how it compares.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
If HB is the player he's rated to be...he'll easily surpass them. I don't believe any of them were as highly touted out of school. Fizer was excellent but not the numero uno prospect.

But you raise a good point...let's make that same list for UNC or Duke and see how it compares.

Right, and Barnes wouldn't be the greatest player in ISU history before he laces 'em up the first time either.

There are more names you could put on the list I started anyway, and I could care less what Tar Heels and Dukies think their favorite player is.

Regardless of where he goes, Harrison will have a fantastic chance to impact a program immediately and if he does that, that school's fans will always remember him.

The "just another AA" thing is so tired.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
The "just another AA" thing is so tired.

Someone earlier said we wouldn't pass up an opportunity to play at UNC or Duke. I just gave a reason why I would pass up that oppty.

The just another AA thing is not tired.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Do you guys agree he's probably going to pick the wrong Carolina school (Duke)? I assume he'd be playing with better players in a more successful program (lately) with UNC.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Do you guys agree he's probably going to pick the wrong Carolina school (Duke)? I assume he'd be playing with better players in a more successful program (lately) with UNC.

He is very hung up on contenting for a National Title...So, I think your question is answered on who has the best chance to win a National Title in 2010?

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Not me. Not even remotely close. It's bad enough he won't be wearing cardinal and gold, I sure as hell don't want him tearing up cardinal and gold twice a year.:no:

This.
I dont want to see him in Hilton Coliseum in anything but a Cylone uni.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
He is very hung up on contenting for a National Title...So, I think your question is answered on who has the best chance to win a National Title in 2010?
I mean if you're trying to decide between Duke and North Carolina and playing for a National Title is the criteria, I would be picking UNC probably. That is without looking at their incoming guys though. Maybe its just my hatred for Duke and my love for the Carolina offense showing.