Hawks vs Huskers on Friday: Go Hawks!

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I guess I'm just glad I wont have to hear how ISU is clearly on the rise while Iowa is decline from Cyclone fans for the next year. Pretty sure at some point during the offseason there was a graph and everything.

I am glad that bubble that you all claim for basketball means exactly the opposite for your football program.

I guess, congrats, you have acheived what mac the mediocre did in his "heyday" here, you became the best of the bad programs in your division.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
But it would have been possible to do that in the previous two seasons had we not played the schedule we did. I would challenge that we would have been 8-4 with the past two iowa schedules.

No program in the country has benefitted from the overinflation of a mediocre football conference than iowa has. Your desire to ***** about Paul Rhoads, and this bad season, does not change that the hawks have lost to all the good teams that they played. We could have done that the past two seasons, with the schedule they played, and won this many games as well.
We wouldn't have done any better this year in the big 10.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
But it would have been possible to do that in the previous two seasons had we not played the schedule we did. I would challenge that we would have been 8-4 with the past two iowa schedules.

No program in the country has benefitted from the overinflation of a mediocre football conference than iowa has. Your desire to ***** about Paul Rhoads, and this bad season, does not change that the hawks have lost to all the good teams that they played. We could have done that the past two seasons, with the schedule they played, and won this many games as well.
I honestly don't think the Big 10 overall is much different than the Big 12 this year.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Or even top 3.

There is a cause and effect to the schedule, and how the strength of conference plays into it.

I know, I know, I know...the "fire all the coaches" mantra that is chanted by so many on here doesn't allow for all of the reasons for things being the way they are to be considered. But it would be nice if people did.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
I guess I'm just glad I wont have to hear how ISU is clearly on the rise while Iowa is decline from Cyclone fans for the next year. Pretty sure at some point during the offseason there was a graph and everything.

I really have no point to this, but the 2014 Iowa football schedule is incredibly vanilla: UNI, Ball State, ISU, Pitt, Indiana, Maryland, NW, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

There is not one single marquee matchup in that schedule.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I honestly don't think the Big 10 overall is much different than the Big 12 this year.

Was I talking about this year? No, I wasn't. But of course that doesn't fit your agenda.

So who would you say played the tougher schedule the past two years? Iowa??? or Iowa State???

breck53

Aug 29, 2008

Of course you could-rally cry for an idiot such as yourself, mikeythescum. What a stupid post. You jealous,bro??? It must really bother you that Iowa made a great come back from a bad year-your won-loss record would still be the same- maybe 1 more win .whatever makes you sleep at night. Now go back to your turkey while we celebrate a good win .

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
I am glad that bubble that you all claim for basketball means exactly the opposite for your football program.

I guess, congrats, you have acheived what mac the mediocre did in his "heyday" here, you became the best of the bad programs in your division.

I can can almost see your lower lip trembling-poor mikeythescum. Go back to bashing the Hawks in basketball, or try spending a little time twisting your nieces mind up. Derp.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I really have no point to this, but the 2014 Iowa football schedule is incredibly vanilla: UNI, Ball State, ISU, Pitt, Indiana, Maryland, NW, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

There is not one single marquee matchup in that schedule.

NO school in the country, and NO agent and coach in the country, have made more due to who they played, rather than how they played, than Iowa has.

Good for kirkie, he has won more than that school should ever think they deserve to. But, it isn't a coincidence that all of that they got better as the year went on when they played NW, purdue, ill, indiana, minney.

Again, I know when you are 2-9, all perspective goes out the window. But try to remember, that the last two seasons before this, we were not a bad team at all. And had we been able to play that big whatever schedule, we too may very well have had that magical 8 win season, due to a severe lessening of competition.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
But, it isn't a coincidence that all of that they got better as the year went on when they played NW, purdue, ill, indiana, minney.

Well, they didn't play those two teams at all.

I believe you were looking for Michigan and Nebraska to round out nw, pur and min for the 5.

Do you work in the ABC graphics truck perhaps?:
logo.jpg

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Was I talking about this year? No, I wasn't. But of course that doesn't fit your agenda.

So who would you say played the tougher schedule the past two years? Iowa??? or Iowa State???

I would really like AWD to answer this

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Didn't read your post close enough. Yes, last year could have possibly been an 8 win season with a easier schedule but it is no guarantee.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Well, they didn't play those two teams at ll.

I believe you were looking for Michigan and Nebraska to round out nw, pur and min for the 5.

Well, had I been talking about this year, the correction in this post would be much appreciated. However, since none of what I said was about this year, I will advise that that nebbie didn't join the big ten until a couple of years ago. And that Michigan has still been trying to recover their place in college football since the rich rod debacle.

Great season hawks. You deserve it

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Well, had I been talking about this year, the correction in this post would be much appreciated. However, since none of what I said was about this year, I will advise that that nebbie didn't join the big ten until a couple of years ago. And that Michigan has still been trying to recover their place in college football since the rich rod debacle.

Great season hawks. You deserve it

Iowa has not played Illinois since CPR took the job, so you're still wrong even if you're talking about the "previous 2 seasons"

Last edited:

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Didn't read your post close enough. Yes, last year could have possibly been an 8 win season with a easier schedule but it is no guarantee.

Sure, there never is a guarantee in life. But the schedules can and do have an impact, would you not agree?

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Nice, we are arguing semantics.

Has Iowa played Illinois since kirk took the job?

Not semantics. Facts.
We could have done that the past two seasons, with the schedule they played, and won this many games as well.

Iowa has not played Illinois in either of those seasons.

If you are changing what you said from 2 to 6 years ago, then yes, Illinois would be valid, but ISU would not have won @Illinois in 2008 either.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Not semantics. Facts.

Iowa has not played Illinois in either of those seasons.

If you are changing what you said from 2 to 6 years ago, then yes, Illinois would be valid, but ISU would not have won @Illinois in 2008 either.

My apologies, the gears were switched in that argument. I was speaking historically. When iowa fans in their efforts to justify the losses to Iowa State, and superbowl nonsense.

They certainly may have played better as they got more experience, but to say unequivicolly that they "improved as the year went on" had as least as much, or more to do with because of the opponents were worse.

And yes, last year's team with the schedule that iowa played, had every opportunity to win 2 more games than they did.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron