Hawks -- enjoy these years.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I say the Hawks lucked out. They got to combine 2 schools' recruits into 1 awesome team. I'd say maybe I'm slightly jealous.:skeptical: <- (closest I could come to a jealous smiley)

But whatever. We're still amazing with such a young team. Let's fill it out with a few more amazing recruits!

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I never wrestled in school, nor watched a match of wrestling before the ISU-UI meet earlier this year. Sanderson is what makes me watch, I think he will extend his legacy here much beyond what it already is and it will be fun to watch.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Anyone think I could have worked in the word "amazing" a couple more times?

:biglaugh:

A rough draft, by definition, is something that has too many flaws and mistakes to be submitted as a finished product
proof·read /ˈprufˌrid/ verb (used with object) 1. to read (printers' proofs, copy, etc.) in order to detect and mark errors to be corrected.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
They need Va Tech to wrestle for them, and past Cyclone greats to coach them.

i would much rather that dan gable no longer have any association with us. watching the finals of midlands last night, when they were interviewing him, he kept referring to iowa as we, and was constantly coaching the iowa wrestler during his match-much the same as he did when he was an "announcer" on iptv. i used to idolize him when i was a kid, now i think he is a classless piece of ****

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
joe slaton, jay borschell, brent metcalf, dan leclere-all of whom were in the finals at midlands, and i think the 5th is h.t. leet?

DClone

Apr 11, 2006
So ISU uses no transfers in their starting lineup and almost one-half of Iowa's starters are transfers. The question is, can Brands equal this type of recruiting when he is not combining recruits from two different universities? How did Iowa do with signings in November, and how do people on this board feel about his ability to recruit in the future?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
So ISU uses no transfers in their starting lineup and almost one-half of Iowa's starters are transfers. The question is, can Brands equal this type of recruiting when he is not combining recruits from two different universities? How did Iowa do with signings in November, and how do people on this board feel about his ability to recruit in the future?

he recruited all of those guys to virginia tech-not a well known wrestling institution, and they all transferred to iowa when he left because they wanted to be coached by him. i would say the guy is a phenomenal recruiter. kids want to be coached by him if for nothing more then the attitude.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

Considering the kids that transferred were Brands' recruits, yes, he can get that talent.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
He will continue to get great recruits. To get guys from Iowa to go go to Virginia to wrestle when they have 3 good instate schools to go to, that is impressive. I only see Iowa getting better in the future.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I see Iowa State only getting better in the future too. I get the feeling that some are willing to hand the title to Iowa after the Midlands showing. I think Minnesota and Iowa State will having something to say about that before this season is over. Cael and J will have them just as ready as the Headbutter will.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I see Iowa State only getting better in the future too. I get the feeling that some are willing to hand the title to Iowa after the Midlands showing. I think Minnesota and Iowa State will having something to say about that before this season is over. Cael and J will have them just as ready as the Headbutter will.

I noticed that too. We won Midlands last year and didn't win the title. In March, that win means squat.

DClone

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone remember the final scoring in last years Midlands? How many finalists did ISU have?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Not taking anything away from the 'Clones and Cael, but the truth is we need to be more offensive and aggressive on the mat. We rarely win with bonus points and it is because we wrestle defensively. Minnesota does the same. Very frustrating to watch when you go up against a team like Iowa because they dictate the pace in a match and bring it at you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron