Hawkeyes starting safety transferring

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Didn't know that SDSU was such a rogue program. How could they have already determined that whatever was bad enough for him to be kicked out of EIU's program was fixed enough to let them into their program?

They have probably been talking to him for a while behind the scenes and had it all worked out. I am sure he is being accepted there on multiple conditions and is on a very short leash.

The kid needs some help, structure, and a second chance at things. I think he has a much better chance of personal success being on a football team than he does being on his own. Hopefully it works out for him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was a walk on that got a scholly for a year and they were going to use it elsewhere. Not the end of the world.

Are your friends that are also friends of the Gervase family going to appreciate you bad mouthing him like this?

I can honestly say I've never of a player getting put on scholarship, play well while being on scholarship and then get the scholarship pulled

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
That's a, uh, very late transfer window. Can't imagine his options are real wide open this far into the summer.

It's situations like these where maybe you can start taking advantage of the treasure trove of athletic spiders in other sports programs - the basketball program, for example. I hear Isaiah Moss was considering going pro so you know he could be a humdinger of a two-sport athlete. I've also read rave reviews about Jordan Bohannon's defensive prowess. And, gosh just looking top to bottom, there are about 20 other guys who are long, pale and undoubtedly tuff.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Wait, what?

Long story short I questioned KF and his character on why two different student athletes were getting two different punishments for the same crime and was wrong questioning him instead of the player himself

The real story is cytwins explicitly identified each player's race and implied it as the reason for the difference in punishment from KF. He still can't understand what is wrong with making that kind of implication.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The real story is cytwins explicitly identified each player's race and implied it as the reason for the difference in punishment from KF. He still can't understand what is wrong with making that kind of implication.

I said I was wrong

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Losing Snyder definately hurts the 4 man rotation for 2 spots..He had most experience in the secondary for Iowa and is a good run stopper...But it isnt a season altering loss by any means for Iowa.

As for his transfer to SDSU...not concerned in the least. SDSU defense is not good..adding Snyder wont change that either.

Reactions: khardbored

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Well, he finished his last class Monday, so he couldn't transfer any sooner.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would have a hard time believing he will be on scholarship. How would a team still have any open? Some kids who play at smaller schools have already reported and the rest will this week I believe.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your responses since then have been nothing but passive aggressive jabs about judging the student athletes character instead of the coaches.

I stand by the difference in punishment for the same crime has to do with the student athlete in question and not KF

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I can honestly say I've never of a player getting put on scholarship, play well while being on scholarship and then get the scholarship pulled

Just answer the question. How do the friends of the Gervase family feel about you ripping on him on a message board?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I would have a hard time believing he will be on scholarship. How would a team still have any open? Some kids who play at smaller schools have already reported and the rest will this week I believe.

Iowa only has 78 scholarships tied up right now after all the attrition the last couple of weeks.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Just answer the question. How do the friends of the Gervase family feel about you ripping on him on a message board?
Lol, they shouldn't be here in the first place, so who the f*** cares?

I'm sure Gervase and his family/friends are used to hearing criticism and jeers. I'm also sure they probably don't care (and really, they shouldn't care, either). If they dwell on rival message board posts, they have other personal problems to work through.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CTTB78 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I don't think they go on CF. I even said back then I thought he sucks at football, my opinion hasn't changed

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, they shouldn't be here in the first place, so who the f*** cares?

I'm sure Gervase and his family/friends are used to hearing criticism and jeers. I'm also sure they probably don't care (and really, they shouldn't care, either). If they dwell on rival message board posts, they have other personal problems to work through.

Bingo. Like I said if he was good he wasn't going to have his scholarship pulled like @YeahBuddy told us he would

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I personally don't care about the scholarship argument either way, but the attempt at making it a personal thing is stupid and shallow.

I wouldnt even have known he was friends of their friends until he brought it up weeks ago.

I don't know them personally at all. Just know one of their family friends well. Obviously my info was correct though

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron