"Hawkeyes serious National Title contenders for 2020-2021 season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was doing a quick google search trying to figure out how the visit went for Iowa's potential grad transfer, and stumbled upon this article written a week ago by Andrew Wade of dearoldgold.. He was discussing how Jamari Sibley had included the Hawks in his final 10 schools, how the majority of schools who offered him were Big 10 (big flex), and also the outlook on how two seasons could look if they got him. Here's the full link and my comments/opinions.

https://dearoldgold.com/2019/05/23/...inching-closer-securing-top-100-recruit-2020/

First of all, Jamari Sibley would most definitely be a big get for a lot of schools, including Iowa, and there is no doubt a lot to be excited with when someone of that caliber includes you in their "top 10". However the writer starts off by mentioning his offers came from a majority of the Big 10. Looking at the photo Sibley tweeted out, I count 3 Big 10 schools, 2 ACC, 2 Big East, 2 SEC, and Iowa State being the lone Big 12 school. His profile on 247 shows he was also offered by Illinois and Rutgers, but there are many other schools in other conferences who offered him. I don't know why the writer stating "majority of the Big 10" erked me, but it did.

He then went on to talk about how getting Jamari could help bring in Xavier Foster and Jalen Suggs, both top players in the 2020 high school class. I'm not saying landing a guy like Jamari Sibley could not happen, but Iowa turning into Kentucky or Kansas and pulling 5-stars left and right is just insane. This guy is obviously drinking way too much kool aide (if there is any for Iowa basketball). The article comes full circle with him flat out saying the Hawkeyes would be a "serious contender for a national championship in the 2020-2021 season", with the contingent factor that Bohannon sits out this next season. Yes you read that right, Bohannon. He's going to be the "key factor" on that star studded hypothetical roster that brings them a title.

I would love to read everyone's thoughts / responses to this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 11.26.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 11.26.24 AM.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 79

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They always mention their offense, but never their defense. Need improvement there to be contenders to get out of the first weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: Terrance J

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was doing a quick google search trying to figure out how the visit went for Iowa's potential grad transfer, and stumbled upon this article written a week ago by Andrew Wade of dearoldgold.. He was discussing how Jamari Sibley had included the Hawks in his final 10 schools, how the majority of schools who offered him were Big 10 (big flex), and also the outlook on how two seasons could look if they got him. Here's the full link and my comments/opinions.

https://dearoldgold.com/2019/05/23/...inching-closer-securing-top-100-recruit-2020/

First of all, Jamari Sibley would most definitely be a big get for a lot of schools, including Iowa, and there is no doubt a lot to be excited with when someone of that caliber includes you in their "top 10". However the writer starts off by mentioning his offers came from a majority of the Big 10. Looking at the photo Sibley tweeted out, I count 3 Big 10 schools, 2 ACC, 2 Big East, 2 SEC, and Iowa State being the lone Big 12 school. His profile on 247 shows he was also offered by Illinois and Rutgers, but there are many other schools in other conferences who offered him. I don't know why the writer stating "majority of the Big 10" erked me, but it did.

He then went on to talk about how getting Jamari could help bring in Xavier Foster and Jalen Suggs, both top players in the 2020 high school class. I'm not saying landing a guy like Jamari Sibley could not happen, but Iowa turning into Kentucky or Kansas and pulling 5-stars left and right is just insane. This guy is obviously drinking way too much kool aide (if there is any for Iowa basketball). The article comes full circle with him flat out saying the Hawkeyes would be a "serious contender for a national championship in the 2020-2021 season", with the contingent factor that Bohannon sits out this next season. Yes you read that right, Bohannon. He's going to be the "key factor" on that star studded hypothetical roster that brings them a title.

I would love to read everyone's thoughts / responses to this.

Hey thanks for sharing that article.

IdealisticFemaleEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just looking through that site, and whoo...

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Those in the know at Iowa know they have little chance.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not born a hawk fan + not being related to Fran = no chance Iowa lands any of these kids. Besides, its not like he's going to sit his own kids, it doesn't matter how great these recruits are.

• Winner
Reactions: CySmurf and mj4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Gotta give it to Hok logic.

They count close losses before the NCAA tournament even starts as validation and think Garza is athletic so this makes sense.

Reactions: Cytown12