Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Did Kenpom value ISU as top 16? Iowa lost because they ran out of steam and did not hit shots, much like the team that Won the big 12 tournament a few years ago from Ames.

ISU road a hot hand and caught breaks is all I am saying. Much like St Peters did.

Ran out of steam?

Wasn't that called 'trajectory'?

What hot hand did ISU ride? They were terrible on offense in the tourney but about on par defensively. The B1G champ Badgers couldn't handle seeing a defense for the first time in three months.

Iowa wasn't that good just like ISU in 2019 wasn't consistently that good, or how 2015 ISU struggled if the opponent got into them.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Did Kenpom value ISU as top 16? Iowa lost because they ran out of steam and did not hit shots, much like the team that Won the big 12 tournament a few years ago from Ames.

ISU road a hot hand and caught breaks is all I am saying. Much like St Peters did.
Nominating for dumb post of the year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
TJ is a much better recruiter than Fran in all facets. I wish they’d go head-to-head more in recruiting, but I don’t see it happening.

Seems TJ wants guys that are actually tough and don't just flex like it.

A favorite aspect of him (there's flaws fwiw) is the buy in for the players to just keep the head up without showing any response to other players, refs etc.

Reactions: Acylum

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

Iowa lost because their guards can't handle being defended tightly.

Reactions: HARMCYN

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

Lol

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Fran does fine finding guys, but I believe his system turns some away. They want the ball in their hand for 30 minutes. Fran usually plays his guys around 20-25 depending on their production. (Luka and Keegan for example). It is one of the reasons Toussaint left for WV. He wanted to play more than 20 minutes a game. ISU had openings this year and had a good year with some nice breaks in the NCAA tournament (LSU scandal, Wisconsin losing their PG) and took nice advantage of it. TJ looks the part, but will be interesting to see how this team gels for him. Is Limpsy going to be as good as Hunter? Missing on Green stinks but will King be the man? The transfer big will be a really nice addition. You got him because there is an opening there for PT btw. That is always going to be the selling point.

I hope Harding is the real deal for Iowa as I think Freeman is going to be really good. Harding is small, but they have Bowen, Dix, Perkins, Ulis that can handle it for a few years.

Wow, tell me you are stupid without telling me you are stupid

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is Fran passing on Pryce?

On3 lists Drake as the HEAVY favorite top 100 player
I would be very surprised if this happens, but if it does, I think we'd start to see some serious cracks in the foundation

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The Hawkeye nation basketball forum on 2025 is hilarious seeing them pumped about another son of Fran. One said “well it looks like we’ll be loaded without recruiting outside of Iowa city” lololol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Hawkeye nation basketball forum on 2025 is hilarious seeing them pumped about another son of Fran. One said “well it looks like we’ll be loaded without recruiting outside of Iowa city” lololol
Isn’t little Weezer around that age also? Maybe Frank has gotten that mannequin knocked up to keep the Garza legacy going

• Haha
Reactions: chadly82

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If we don’t think Pryce is going to Iowa, I’d hope we give him a shot. Not sure he matches the dawg defense style we put out there, but he’s everything we don’t have offensively as a shooter

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If we don’t think Pryce is going to Iowa, I’d hope we give him a shot. Not sure he matches the dawg defense style we put out there, but he’s everything we don’t have offensively as a shooter
We aren’t recruiting him.

Reactions: chadly82

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Haven't offered and probably won't, but I am sure he was 'being recruited' by Iowa State at some point
what does recruiting mean? Not being a smart ass.
doesn’t matter, in this case, but does “recruiting” start with the first phone call? Letter? Depending on how it’s defined, we may recruit hundreds of players.