hawk fb program headed to the bottom

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I think we sold less than half the bowl tickets. And I'm pretty sure season ticket sales are struggling. At least I hope they are.

The problem with your last point is that nobody outside the state of Iowa knows that ISU wins half the time. You really think people outside of our fanbases care enough about our series to remember who wins year to year?

You know though. It is not considered an upset because people do not really care. So Iowa played in a low tier bowl last year. Nobody noticed that either.

When you lose at least half the time or more to Iowa State, you should not be talking smack. Iowa fans trying to say they went to a bowl game makes them good, really need to look at their schedule. Iowa State actually defeated just as many bowl teams last season than Iowa did.

Kind of comical seeing Iowa fans saying that Iowa State sucks because we finished with a lousy 2-10 record. Just think Hawkeyes, you LOST to that lousy team at Kinnick Stadium.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
I really don't know why any Cyclone fan living in the real world would expect more than a few wins this season. We can hope for more, but expectations SHOULD be built on reality. The reality is we will probably win a few games. Any more than that is a blessing.

The other reality is Iowa will most likely lose to us and beat about half the below avg. teams in conference play and flirt with bowl eligibility.

Here is the diff between the two fan bases in general: ISU fans do hope for more victories and a possible bowl birth, but realize it isn't likely. Iowa fans, though they have no reason to, actually THINK they are going to beat Iowa State and win 8-9 games and end up in the conference championship game.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Its silly that we're ripping on Iowa's football program right now in the midst of 5 wins in 2 seasons. We've been complete crap the last 2 seasons, Iowa has at least made bowl games. Granted they have had easier schedules but still...we really have no room to talk

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Its silly that we're ripping on Iowa's football program right now in the midst of 5 wins in 2 seasons. We've been complete crap the last 2 seasons, Iowa has at least made bowl games. Granted they have had easier schedules but still...we really have no room to talk

As bad as we were last year, we beat them and we are better this year while they are much worse.

Only a Hawkeye lover would tell us to lay off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know how to post gifs, but a small dog chasing its own tail (and catching it occasionally) would fit this thread pretty well.

Until I see ISU belong on the field with FCS programs and not have opponents purposely down the ball with 5 minutes left, I'll hold off giving Iowa fans grief over an event that felt like a filler game on ESPN last year.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Yep... you can guarantee fans telling you to lay off are also hawk fans or only hawk fans.

I still haven't seen a response to the spring game lie their information dept. sent out.

Anyone want to take a guess why the hawks lied about attendance and just happened to settle at 8,000.

When big brother isu has 7500 at theirs, you have to make up a number bigger than that. Too funny.

As bad as we were last year, we beat them and we are better this year while they are much worse.

Only a Hawkeye lover would tell us to lay off.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
200.gif
200.gif

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

This. I saw the thread title and thought why are we saying Iowa is headed to the bottom when we ARE at the bottom.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know how to post gifs, but a small dog chasing its own tail (and catching it occasionally) would fit this thread pretty well.

Until I see ISU belong on the field with FCS programs and not have opponents purposely down the ball with 5 minutes left, I'll hold off giving Iowa fans grief over an event that felt like a filler game on ESPN last year.

Another Hawkeye Lover.

Help Support Us

Become a patron