Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

thegreenbastard

May 6, 2010
Iowa fan frustrations of Stanley stem from consistency, not lack of ability. Stanley was great against MSU last year. Actually was the best performance against them all last year statistically. Including Tua out of Bama. MSU as in #1 Total Defense. He was phenomenal against tOSU the year before. The ability is there.

Stanley struggles with confidence and the coaching staff has not been great about motivating him to have fun. Skillset, sky is the limit. I think it's worth noting he injured his throwing thumb in the game with PSU. Had grip issues for more than a few weeks.

Nate Stanley as a starter these last two years has won 17 games. The best 2 year win stretch in ISU history is 16 wins.

The common theme on your boards is Nate Stanley is terrible and ISU has a better roster. What is it guys? The narrative doesn't add up. If Stanley is so terrible, how does Iowa's less talented roster win so many more games?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa fan frustrations of Stanley stem from consistency, not lack of ability. Stanley was great against MSU last year. Actually was the best performance against them all last year statistically. Including Tua out of Bama. MSU as in #1 Total Defense. He was phenomenal against tOSU the year before. The ability is there.

Stanley struggles with confidence and the coaching staff has not been great about motivating him to have fun. Skillset, sky is the limit. I think it's worth noting he injured his throwing thumb in the game with PSU. Had grip issues for more than a few weeks.

Nate Stanley as a starter these last two years has won 17 games. The best 2 year win stretch in ISU history is 16 wins.

The common theme on your boards is Nate Stanley is terrible and ISU has a better roster. What is it guys? The narrative doesn't add up. If Stanley is so terrible, how does Iowa's less talented roster win so many more games?

Any idea what these numbers represent?

2-10
5-7
12-2
4-8
7-6
5-7
5-7
4-8
7-6

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Big Ten West has the same amount of Preseason top 25 teams as the entire Big 12.

Big 12 bowl record last 2 years. 9-6 including 2 Non power 5 matchups

Big Ten 13-5 vs only power 5 teams

In fact Big Ten West is 8-1 in bowl games last two seasons

Try again

So that must mean Iowa played a tougher schedule than Iowa State last year?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Big Ten West has the same amount of Preseason top 25 teams as the entire Big 12.

Try again

Neat. Any idea what these numbers represent?

2-10
5-7
12-2
4-8
7-6
5-7
5-7
4-8
7-6

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Try again
I don't think anyone was arguing whether or not the Big 12 is going to be great this year or if the Big 10 West is going to be bad this year. History shows that the Big 10 West has not been very good at all.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnWay187

thegreenbastard

May 6, 2010
I don't think anyone was arguing whether or not the Big 12 is going to be great this year or if the Big 10 West is going to be bad this year. History shows that the Big 10 West has not been very good at all.

My argument represented the past two years, did it not? Because Stanley only won that many games last two years cause of the West, remember?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Jesus, which worthless ********** is this retread?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My argument represented the past two years, did it not? Because Stanley only won that many games last two years cause of the West, remember?

This is Stanley's fourth season. His first 3 ISU played a much tougher schedule in 2 of those seasons

L

LincolnWay187

Cough..big 10 west.. cough. Bring in at least one of the good teams from the east to the.west and youll start earning some respect from me.

thegreenbastard

May 6, 2010
ISU also only beat 1 team last season with a .500 or better record in their conference...

West Virginia. I guess we better cancel the second coming.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron