Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Bigger meltdown would be losing a Big 12 game we're favored in

I don't think so. From everything I've seen, ISU fans are putting a lot into this game this year. It is at home, should be two ranked teams, gameday might come to town, and expectations are at an all time high. If they lose to Iowa, it will be an epic meltdown.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think so. From everything I've seen, ISU fans are putting a lot into this game this year. It is at home, should be two ranked teams, gameday might come to town, and expectations are at an all time high. If they lose to Iowa, it will be an epic meltdown.

Yeah this isn't accurate

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Depends on the manner of the game IMO. Last time it was in Ames I thought it was a great game and both teams were pretty good. Maybe it's the same this year. Maybe ISU shoots themselves in the foot or gets screwed by the refs. That would definitely lead to a bigger meltdown.

Overall this season has bigger expectations than ever before. There is no way to quantify degrees of meltdown, but I'm pretty sure the meltdown over the first loss is going to be epic no matter what. Especially if you use CF message boards as your gauge.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wonder what the meltdown would be this year if Iowa was able to sneak out of Ames with another win?
Not as big of a meltdown on Hawkeye Heaven when you lose to a team that plays chuck ball.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

From everything you've seen?

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and iahawks

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I reject the premise of your statement. Purdy is too good for us to question him starting. The right way to approach is would we act the same if Stanley was our QB?

Look, I hate the University of Iowa. As a young lad I was told "you can go anywhere you want to in the entire Country, except Iowa and Kansas" I had to be excused from a dinner party because some Tavern Hawk couldn't handle my constant Kirkwood Community College comments. My wife's family just stopped asking me about sports because they are all Iowa fans that have never been to Iowa City. I got in a screaming match at a Hy-Vee with a 60 year old Marlboro Red smoker in IC before the game last year and yelled something insane about her credit score that was poorly received and embarrassing for my entire family, and I still haven't apologized and stand by my statement (she was a trash person).

BUT, lets not act like loving the backup QB is a strictly University of Iowa thing. Everyone loves the backup QB. I once tried to convince myself Tyler Palko was better than Brodie Croyle. Purdy had a good season! But he had, what, like 6 or 7 games? If he has a bit of a sophomore slump everyone on here would be screaming for Re-AL. Its just a fact of fandom. The backup QB is always the most popular player on any football team.

Except in The Program. Their backup QB was trash.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Disagree
Reactions: flycy and mdclone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Look, I hate the University of Iowa. As a young lad I was told "you can go anywhere you want to in the entire Country, except Iowa and Kansas" I had to be excused from a dinner party because some Tavern Hawk couldn't handle my constant Kirkwood Community College comments. My wives family just stopped asking me about sports because they are all Iowa fans that have never been to Iowa City. I got in a screaming match at a Hy-Vee with a 60 year old Marlboro Red smoker in IC before the game last year and yelled something insane about her credit score that was poorly received and embarrassing for my entire family, and I still haven't apologized and stand by my statement (she was a trash person).

BUT, lets not act like loving the backup QB is a strictly University of Iowa thing. Everyone loves the backup QB. I once tried to convince myself Tyler Palko was better than Brodie Croyle. Purdy had a good season! But he had, what, like 6 or 7 games? If he has a bit of a sophomore slump everyone on here would be screaming for Re-AL. Its just a fact of fandom. The backup QB is always the most popular player on any football team.

A+ post. We saw how ISU fans turned on Jacob Park just a few years ago.

• Useful
Reactions: flycy and BLHawk

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Disappointment, yes. Meltdown, no.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: StratCY and iahawks

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Look, I hate the University of Iowa. As a young lad I was told "you can go anywhere you want to in the entire Country, except Iowa and Kansas" I had to be excused from a dinner party because some Tavern Hawk couldn't handle my constant Kirkwood Community College comments. My wives family just stopped asking me about sports because they are all Iowa fans that have never been to Iowa City. I got in a screaming match at a Hy-Vee with a 60 year old Marlboro Red smoker in IC before the game last year and yelled something insane about her credit score that was poorly received and embarrassing for my entire family, and I still haven't apologized and stand by my statement (she was a trash person).

He played in 10 games, and I know he's a really special player because I have eyes. But numbers back that up too. All time true freshman record for passing efficiency in college football with a wide receiver corps that did him no favors with a lot if dropped balls. 4th most conference wins for an ISU qb since 1985 and he's only played in 7 conference games. He's easily the best we've had at qb in over a decade, and it may be much better than that. I can't believe I need to make these points to an ISU fan.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

How many wives do you have?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
He played in 10 games, and I know he's a really special player because I have eyes. But numbers back that up too. All time true freshman record for passing efficiency in college football with a wide receiver corps that did him no favors with a lot if dropped balls. 4th most conference wins for an ISU qb since 1985 and he's only played in 7 conference games. He's easily the best we've had at qb in over a decade, and it may be much better than that. I can't believe I need to make these points to an ISU fan.

sigh....deep breathe...........Yes, Purdy is good and I am very excited for his future! It looks very bright. However, the term Sophomore Slump exists for a reason. It happens. All I'm saying is, if he somehow doesn't live up to the SuperHuman expectations all of us are asking of him, there will be several people on here screaming for Re-AL. I think any rational fan could agree with that. I can't believe I'm having to make these points to an actual human adult.

• Useful
Reactions: flycy

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Depends on who is asking.

Corrected. Sorry.
Dude I was just goofing around. I stopped and to reread as I read it as spelled and was flummoxed. About half a second later I realized contextually. It was just a funny moment for me. :)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Look, I hate the University of Iowa. As a young lad I was told "you can go anywhere you want to in the entire Country, except Iowa and Kansas" I had to be excused from a dinner party because some Tavern Hawk couldn't handle my constant Kirkwood Community College comments. My wife's family just stopped asking me about sports because they are all Iowa fans that have never been to Iowa City. I got in a screaming match at a Hy-Vee with a 60 year old Marlboro Red smoker in IC before the game last year and yelled something insane about her credit score that was poorly received and embarrassing for my entire family, and I still haven't apologized and stand by my statement (she was a trash person).

Purdy didn't have 6 games no and he turned down Bama to come here. This isn't your average ISU QB of years past

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron