Hawaii's coach is saying Aloha

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Arent they the rainbow warriors (both not one or the other)

I would much rather have the facilities, budget and recruitability of SMU than Hawaii...

They dropped the "rainbow" a decade ago, and with it went that UH "rainbow" logo:

Hawai_xxge4hqatueommearg7x.gif

in favor of the "tribal" green, black, and silver H:

200px-Haw.jpg

For the last decade they've just been the Hawaii Warriors.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I believe he was going to leave Hawaii before the SMU job came up...he was clashing with the athletic department.

They talked during the Sugar Bowl about how poorly funded the Hawaii football program was...sounds like the facilities were pretty run down and the athletic department wasn't doing anything to upgrade them even with the success they were having.

But yet they show up to the bowl game with new silver helmets...I wonder if the booster club paid for that...

I was on Hawaii's campus this past summer and it is bad! Their athletic facilities looked like the high school facilities at an average high school. In fact, I have seen better high school facilities here in Iowa!

That said...the "scenery" on the island is pretty impressive!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was on Hawaii's campus this past summer and it is bad! Their athletic facilities looked like the high school facilities at an average high school. In fact, I have seen better high school facilities here in Iowa!

That said...the "scenery" on the island is pretty impressive!

Yeah, I was there almost three years ago. For such a beautiful campus (one that $$$ was obviously spent on), it's a little shocking to hear they have such crappy athletic department funding/facilities.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I will never forget June Jones and Jeff George yelling and cussing at each other on the sidelines in Atlanta when Jones was the head coach of the Falcons. I always thought Jones got a raw deal in Atlanta..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron