Hawaii

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just heard June Jones on Dan Patrick... Sounds like he might be looking to move on after this year... He would probably be a great fit for someone like UCLA...

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
After watching the game last night, I believe Hawaii would have struggled to be .500 in the SEC this year.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Had they been more dominant over the teams they beat in the regular season, I would have been far more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Squeaking by BAD teams in the WAC is not going to give me a whole lot of confidence.

What needs to be addressed now, IMO, is what allowed them to have that weak of a schedule to begin with. I don't know how much more the NCAA can do. They already allow teams to play an extra game (13) if they go to Hawaii or Alaska to play it. I think the impetus is also on Hawaii, however. They need to be willing to go anywhere and play anyone. Home or away. Their schedule, in particular, gets better in the next few years.

Also: the obligatory I told you so.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Had they been more dominant over the teams they beat in the regular season, I would have been far more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Squeaking by BAD teams in the WAC is not going to give me a whole lot of confidence.

What needs to be addressed now, IMO, is what allowed them to have that weak of a schedule to begin with. I don't know how much more the NCAA can do. They already allow teams to play an extra game (13) if they go to Hawaii or Alaska to play it. I think the impetus is also on Hawaii, however. They need to be willing to go anywhere and play anyone. Home or away. Their schedule, in particular, gets better in the next few years.

Also: the obligatory I told you so.

The only thing that could have been done is to not allow teams to back out of agreements. That would have put Michigan and Michigan State on the schedule.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm not sure why Brent and his sidekick had to update us on the police record of the top two UH players. I would not have a problem with them talking about if non of UGA players had ever been arrested. Just give equal time boys.