Have you seen our RPI?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We are #4 in RPI right now, which would make us the last #1 seed if the tournament started today. I'm not saying that means we will be a #1, just that maybe we should all stop and smell the flowers. :spinny:

Spam

May 21, 2008
We are #4 in RPI right now, which would make us the last #1 seed if the tournament started today. I'm not saying that means we will be a #1, just that maybe we should all stop and smell the flowers. :spinny:

We're ISU. The committe would give us the number 2 seed somewhere in the California region if the tournament started today.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I hate to break it to you but the committee doesn't do the seeing based on RPI alone. It's one of the criteria's but there are other factors that go into it.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I hate to break it to you but the committee doesn't do the seeing based on RPI alone. It's one of the criteria's but there are other factors that go into it.

Things like not losing to anyone you've played?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Non-conference W/L and SOS in NC are huge.

Yes, those are both big factors. I'm not saying they won't be a number one seed. My point is, you can't just say ISU is 4th in RPI, therefore they are going to be a #1 seed. If a team has a RPI of 15, that doesn't mean they're guaranteed a 4 seed.

There have been teams in recent history that have had RPI's in the 20's and missed the tournament completely. It just depends on other factors such as SOS, quality wins, road wins, how you perform in the non-conference and other things.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS

we are not 1seed material. Not to be a downer, but I feel this team has the mentality that they are waiting for something good to happen vs. making it happen. Our scheme will rely on us shooting much better from 3 for us to have a sporting chance to compete for the conference title.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Yes, those are both big factors. I'm not saying they won't be a number one seed. My point is, you can't just say ISU is 4th in RPI, therefore they are going to be a #1 seed. If a team has a RPI of 15, that doesn't mean they're guaranteed a 4 seed.

There have been teams in recent history that have had RPI's in the 20's and missed the tournament completely. It just depends on other factors such as SOS, quality wins, road wins, how you perform in the non-conference and other things.

Pretty sure top 40 RPI always makes it in recent history.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Lately the committee has been placing a big emphasis on the nonconference schedule. Its hurt us the last couple years but will help us this year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
we are not 1seed material. Not to be a downer, but I feel this team has the mentality that they are waiting for something good to happen vs. making it happen. Our scheme will rely on us shooting much better from 3 for us to have a sporting chance to compete for the conference title.

I'm pretty sure theyve made something good happen in several games now when theyve responded to a deficit by roaring back.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Thank you. RPI is used far less than most realize. It certainly isn't used to rank seeds such as RPI #4 = 4th seed.