Handy Big 12 basketball losing/gaining guide

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I didn't realize Jacobson is only going to be a Junior. Really evened out the classes after just this one season.

Yep, this year was a harsh transition year, and obviously we needed to do some balancing. I think the staff did a great job all things considered. While we had a tough year, they still competed through all of the adversity and could have competed for the 7th straight if a few things had fallen out better. Still, I'd gladly accept a transition year for better things going forward.

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Very nice work here.

Nice work.

My only real disagreement is West Virginia is too high and perhaps Kansas State too low.

Texas is always a wild card. The recruiting is there but too many one and dones to project accurately.

The impact of someone like Javon Carter will have more impact than can be measured objectively. I see West Virginia in the middle of the pack next year (still very good but not elite).

If Dean Wade has half of the improvement from this year to next that he has show this year he could be scary. With so many guys back, K-State could be in for a great year (but I see a cliff on their horizon as well).

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Nice work.

My only real disagreement is West Virginia is too high and perhaps Kansas State too low.

Texas is always a wild card. The recruiting is there but too many one and dones to project accurately.

The impact of someone like Javon Carter will have more impact than can be measured objectively. I see West Virginia in the middle of the pack next year (still very good but not elite).

If Dean Wade has half of the improvement from this year to next that he has show this year he could be scary. With so many guys back, K-State could be in for a great year (but I see a cliff on their horizon as well).

I agree. Would be interested to hear the rationale behind why WVU at #2 and why TCU at #8. I thought where they have ISU is about right with where things stand now.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, didn’t realize TCU was redshirting 4 freshman this year. That shows them as having 7 freshman next year if the 3 incoming don’t redshirt.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Nice work.

I agree on Carter. The Carter/Miles combo was most of what WV had going for it on offense. If they lose Ahmad, that's the third best. That one kid that we also recruited is pretty talented offensively too, but losing those two (potentially three) could really hamper them.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Interesting look at the roster Big 12 construction, Major props Big12BasketBlog for putting it together.

Couple of things that were interesting to me before the off season transfer market starts.

ISU is pretty balanced in class construction right now. 5th place lead finish projection feels right with the talent influx.

Texas Tech graduates 3 SR's has and replaces them with 6 Soph and 2 Freshman. Beard must be looking a grad transfer or JuCo to add some experience in the off season.

TCU is also interesting that the have 6 Freshman and 1 JuCo incoming, lot of transition. (also 0 Sophomores)

KU is uber talented even for them, but pretty young. I can see Self getting frustrated as the team learns to play together.

UT, WV, KU, and TCU are all over signed as of right now. There will be some bloodletting curious to see who is "recommended" to move on.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Interesting that more than a couple Big 12 teams will be needing to "cut" a player or two.

TCU (1) KU (1) Texas (2) WVU (2)

Baby Ferentz would be all over this!

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I didn't realize TCU redshirted all four of their freshmen this year until now. Have to wonder how much was necessity and how much was luxury. Either way, very rare to see.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron