JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Dec 5, 2020; Ames, Iowa, USA; Iowa State running back Breece Hall (28) rushes next to quarterback Brock Purdy (15) during their football game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday. Iowa State would go on to defeat West Virginia 42-6. Mandatory Credit: Brian Powers-USA TODAY Sports

Breece Hall is officially two-thirds of the way to being a consensus All-American.

Hall was named a first-team All-American on Tuesday by The Sporting News, which is one of the five selectors considered for NCAA recognized consensus status. He was joined on the teams by linebacker Mike Rose, who earned a second-team nod.

Hall, who was named a first-team All-American by the Associated Press on Monday, led FBS football with 1,436 yards rushing as a sophomore while scoring 19 touchdowns on the ground and 21 total touchdowns, which tied the single-season school record previously set by Troy Davis, who is the only other Cyclone to earn The Sporting News All-American honors, which he did in 1995...

Continue reading...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What are the other three for the “Consensus”, Jared? I suppose that the Coaches/USA Today poll is one of them.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
What are the other three for the “Consensus”, Jared? I suppose that the Coaches/USA Today poll is one of them.
A "consensus All-American" is a player who is listed as a first team All-American by at least half of the recognized lists. All-America teams are selected annually in various collegiate sports.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
A "consensus All-American" is a player who is listed as a first team All-American by at least half of the recognized lists. All-America teams are selected annually in various collegiate sports.
That’s fine. Then just don’t recognize the idiots who have our guys not listed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yes, I am aware of that. I have been for about forty years. Jared says it refers to five specific selectors that determine the “consensus”, so I was curious as to what the others traditionally are, after the AP, Sporting News and UPI/Coaches/USA Today (that one’s changed a bit over the years) polls.

I’d guess that Walter Camp might be another, but I’m drawing a blank after that.