Guys in town Today

clone205

Apr 10, 2006
I heared a couple of recruits were in town today playin at State I believe. I know Sean Haluska was there playing as well as Josh Guillory a forward from Marshalltown CC, via Las Angeles. And he wasnt sure, but maybe Brackins to... as well as some other new posible new comers.

clone205

Apr 10, 2006
I have seen Guillory pllay a couple of times and he was not impressive at all...

Yes, He is very athletic and does have potential.

As for his fundamentals and bball IQ he is not very good. Has alot to work on before getting to the next level. He would definitely benifit stayin at MCC one more year

And Haluska..he is good..I dont think having a gf on the womans team makes a difference..now him having the last name haluska might have helped

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Haluska is athletic from what I saw in the Capital City League last year. You always have to worry about traitor in his blood though? he he

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Guillary must not be to bad if all of these schools were after him out of high school. Then again I have not seen him play.

Interest Level Offer? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Arizona High Interest No None
Washington High Interest No None
Florida Med Interest No None
Louisville Med Interest No None
Maryland Med Interest No None
New Mexico Med Interest No None
USC

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Zero of those schools offered though, so I don't know how reliable that list is.

Drews79

Apr 11, 2006
I have also heard from a very reliable source that Sean Haluska may walk on to the team next year. For his size he is strong and pretty athletic. I watched him play in high school a few times. I think he has done pretty well @ Indian Hills CC too.

clone205

Apr 10, 2006
I am not agreeing that all of those D1 schools were interested in Guillory, but the times I have seen him play = not very impressive....

I have watched and played agaisnt Sean H....He will be a very good practice player...and who knows he might get some PT

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I thought we were done with JUCO's? Chris Williams put that in one of his article's a few weeks ago.

LINK

One more thing; even though Corey McIntosh is leaving ISU, don't expect the Cyclone coaching staff to comb the junior colleges for a point guard. In fact, don't plan on seeing another juco transfer at ISU for a long time.

Last edited:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
With the juco resources close to us in Iowa and Kansas, we would be dumb to not grab a few here and there.

clone205

Apr 10, 2006
I don't see a prob with certain JUCO's...plus they have some college expericence... I know the level at D1 is different than JUCO but..JUCO is different than High School

Drews79

Apr 11, 2006
Clone205,

I agree. S. Haluska will be a very good practice player. He may even see the floor for some time in certain situations.
He has a funny looking jump shot but it is effective. maybe he has changed the form by now.

PsychedClone

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
I don't see a prob with certain JUCO's...plus they have some college expericence... I know the level at D1 is different than JUCO but..JUCO is different than High School

There are diiferent divisions in the JC ranks as there are with 4 year schools. When Boggan, Hannah and Taylor, among others, were at Chipola, their team could have beaten quite a few D1 schools, IMHO. The top tier JC schools have many high-major caliber D1 players who are there simply because of poor grades and low test scores.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron