Groomsmen Gift Ideas

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
I'm in a wedding this fall that's tux-less, so that's REALLY nice. I'll probably wear one of my own suits, but they aren't having everyone wear matching tuxes and dresses.

I'd like to second this idea. For our wedding, we had all the guys wear a black suit - didn't have to match. They had to get a matching shirt and tie, but they were fairly neutral and fashionable so that they can still use them at work. For the ladies, they all wore their own black dresses - also didn't have to match. Figure every guy should have a black tux, every gal has a black dress, and everyone was much more comfortable in their own clothes rather than paying out the rear for something they only wear once. Looking back at our pictures, you have to point out to people that the clothes didn't match.

To anyone getting married, this is my biggest recommendation.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I bought my groomsmen black and white checkered vans ...

Wish I were one of your groomsmen....

Charter-Vans.jpg

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
You should get them funny stuff from goodwill.

I'd second this idea, & throw in a CD with that "thrift shop" song.

Don't think anyone here is looking for ideas, though. Not sure what prompted the thread resurrection today lol.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd like to second this idea. For our wedding, we had all the guys wear a black suit - didn't have to match. They had to get a matching shirt and tie, but they were fairly neutral and fashionable so that they can still use them at work. For the ladies, they all wore their own black dresses - also didn't have to match. Figure every guy should have a black tux, every gal has a black dress, and everyone was much more comfortable in their own clothes rather than paying out the rear for something they only wear once. Looking back at our pictures, you have to point out to people that the clothes didn't match.

To anyone getting married, this is my biggest recommendation.

A friend of mine did that for a recent wedding, and it was great. I could wear my already tailored suit rather than an ill fitting rental. It's a great idea.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I got mine a bottle of their favorite liquor and their choice of a personalized flashlight, pocket knife or money clip. They all seemed grateful

Baffan

Aug 22, 2007
Ames, IA
Along the lines with the common and typical groomsman gift of flasks/mason jars. This past January I was a groomsman and we were given a small oak barrel that is charred on the inside, probably 6" in diameter and 8" long. And you put your favorite whiskey/alcohol in it to give it a charred oak flavor.

Groom added a personal touch by burning into one end the initials of each groomsmen. Best groomsman gift I've ever received/heard of. The flask/mug thing is way over done.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm looking for ideas now, as well. Anybody been in any weddings so far this summer or getting married this summer? What have you received and given this year? Thanks in advance!

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
The best gift I got last year was when the groom gave all of us a custom mug, a custom bottle opener, and some cash. The cash helped offset the cost of renting the tux.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I bought hoodie's of their favorite college team and they all loved them b/c they were practical and were worn often during football season.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My favorite gift was a glass Spaten boot (like they have at the Hessen Haus). Always fun to bust that thing out when we have friends over. I think he got them from John's Grocery in IC.

Now that's a cool gift. I just bought a bunch of mugs and gave everyone two mugs with their last name engraved. Everyone was pretty happy with that, but a boot would have been better.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm looking for ideas now, as well. Anybody been in any weddings so far this summer or getting married this summer? What have you received and given this year? Thanks in advance!

Last wedding I was in we got a flask, ISU car flag, & a red cooler on wheels. All have been used many times for games at JTS!

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I got my groomsmen personalized bar/pub signs. They said stuff like Joe's 11th frame (bowling theme), Matt's pit stop (racing theme), and Aaron's 19th hole (golf theme). I got engraved deer knives for two of the ushers (inlaws) and tie clips with my college fraternity crest on it for three other ushers that were fraternity brothers. Everyone seemed pretty happy with their gifts.

I just got back from my brother's wedding. He gave everyone beer mugs with our names engraved on them.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Along the lines with the common and typical groomsman gift of flasks/mason jars. This past January I was a groomsman and we were given a small oak barrel that is charred on the inside, probably 6" in diameter and 8" long. And you put your favorite whiskey/alcohol in it to give it a charred oak flavor.

Groom added a personal touch by burning into one end the initials of each groomsmen. Best groomsman gift I've ever received/heard of. The flask/mug thing is way over done.

I got this for my wife's two brothers, who were ushers. Almost bought one for myself, but I don't drink whiskey.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I bought mine personalized "bar signs" according to each person's favorite sport. One was "Joe's 10th frame" (bowling), "Matt's Pit Stop" (racing), and "Aaron's 19th Hole" (golf). They were a huge hit. I bought the ushers personalized Buck knives or tie clips with our fraternity's crest on it - also big hits.

"aaron's 19th hole" sounds like a really bad adult film! Hey-yo!!!! :twitcy:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hey, I'm getting married in a month and I've been getting killed by my fiancee because I don't have my groomsmen gifts bought yet. I wanted to get them nice duffel bags with their names embroidered on, but haven't found a great source. Any ideas?

I did embroidered beer coolers and they all seemed to like them.