Grilling and drinking

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Just grilled some Hawaiian ham patties from Fareway, while downing a bottle of Toppling Goliath Psuedo Sue. I topped the ham patties with swiss cheese, onion relish, jalapeno mustard, and thick-cut bacon from the Spillville locker.

God damn.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Batch 19 beer and the sizzle of a filet

The taste and smell of heaven. Batch 19 is pretty dang tasty. I wonder how close it actually is to the pre prohibition beer Coors brewed up

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Yeah, just had a baby, looks like my grilling and drinking are over for about 18 years.

Not true. I have a 7, 4.5 and 19 month old (All girls) I probably drink more now than I did before kids (probably not as much binge drinking) and grilled 3 meals this weekend. Probably grill 2-3 nights a week from now until the snow starts flying. Did chops tonight with green beans on the side burner.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Just grilled some Hawaiian ham patties from Fareway, while downing a bottle of Toppling Goliath Psuedo Sue. I topped the ham patties with swiss cheese, onion relish, jalapeno mustard, and thick-cut bacon from the Spillville locker.

God damn.

Small world...knew you were up there, but still...I know the former owners of said locker.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Small world...knew you were up there, but still...I know the former owners of said locker.

Small world indeed.

There seems to be a healthy debate over whether the Spillville Locker or Polashek's in Protivin is the pre-eminent locker in the Winneshiek/Howard County area, but I find its best to just enjoy both, as they're each fantastic and have a lot of great products.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Beef, beets, and beer. The 3 Bs of grilling season for me.

Isn't there a country music song like that? "Beer, brats, and bait ... man, this place has got everything."

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
based on this thread kids sound just awful. thats until we have kids though. I just picked up my bike today, went for 15 miles, came back, grilled again and drank beer. doubt I can lock my kids in their kennel.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
based on this thread kids sound just awful. thats until we have kids though. I just picked up my bike today, went for 15 miles, came back, grilled again and drank beer. doubt I can lock my kids in their kennel.
Kids are wonderful. When they are really young you do have a bit more time to grill and drink at home. As they get older however you are so busy running around doing things with them and work, you just don't tend to have the time you did when you were younger to grill as often and more importantly with friends as you did in the past. Hey that's life and the kids add a lot more color to it than what there was before. No worries on my end.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Not sure how old your kids are, but I got a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old...I took them to see some lambs yesterday, went to an easter egg hunt today, Grilled yesterday, drank last night and tonight.

Older kids with little league tournaments? There's this thing that is usually given out as a groomsmen gift...called a flask...be the guy drinking at a little league tournament, man....if we all start doing it, it's then socially acceptable.

:yes:

I'll tell you a little secret... I rarely drink pop, and if you were to see me at one of my kids sporting events with a bottle of pop there is a 90% chance that it is 1/3-1/2 full of whiskey. If it were a bottle of Mt Dew substitute vodka for whiskey.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Not sure if thats impressive or messed up

I'll tell you a little secret... I rarely drink pop, and if you were to see me at one of my kids sporting events with a bottle of pop there is a 90% chance that it is 1/3-1/2 full of whiskey. If it were a bottle of Mt Dew substitute vodka for whiskey.

Reactions: Bobber

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Back ribs going on the smoker tomorrow at noon. First lowball of Cedar Ridge single malt poured probably by 4. Thanks Trump.

Reactions: CYCLNST8