Greek 7 footer

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think he can play thin, and will. Especially a lot of noncon games before McKay is good to go. If we played slow paced great defense it would be a little different, but running the floor and shooting can get away with "smaller" guys.

But yes I'm very excited to see what he does down the road after he bulks up. Hope he can pack on a lot of good weight fast.

I also think they didn't freak out about him being overweight because the first two years he was going to be slamming with huge guys down on the block.

They were willing to accept it because he usually took advantage of them on the other end.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My goodness McKay is ripped out of his mind. He is going to be an absolute freak for us!

I think the Big 12 is going to be expecting Niang and BDJ to have dominant years, but
McKay and Morris are going to deliver surprise blows. It's such a well balanced roster.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I wonder how GT's standing reach compares to other 7 footers. He looks to be built a lot like Woodbury unfortunately.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wonder how GT's standing reach compares to other 7 footers. He looks to be built a lot like Woodbury unfortunately.

As much grief as he gets, who wouldn't take a Woodbury if he could already hit the international range 3 as a high school junior? Big favorable if for GT but that appears to be the case from what we know.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Tsalbo looks like he moves his feet much better and has greater shooting range than Woodbury obviously. On the other hand, Woodbury is built a lot better and he plays with an attitude, which I appreciate.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Woodbury might be a little better player if he would have a little confidence in himself rather than thinking he needs to look to the bench every opportunity he gets.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm a big fan of surprise blows.
boy%20blows%20out%20cake%20candle%20before%20sister.gif

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I think the Big 12 is going to be expecting Niang and BDJ to have dominant years, but McKay and Morris are going to deliver surprise blows. It's such a well balanced roster.
McKay and Morris aren't sneaking up on anyone.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Morris, I agree, but McKay and Nader are complete unknowns. It will depend on how good they are obviously as to how much of a surprise.

I agree nothing is for sure, but we know a little about McKay. He was on the same team as Hogue and was by far the best player. Indian Hills has pretty good track record with their players at the next level. Unproven players are the ones that have the potential to surprise people.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I agree nothing is for sure, but we know a little about McKay. He was on the same team as Hogue and was by far the best player. Indian Hills has pretty good track record with their players at the next level. Unproven players are the ones that have the potential to surprise people.

Agreed, and I've heard really good things about Nader too. But I doubt KU and Texas are ready to hand over the trophy based on rumors. I do agree that they've seen enough from Fred to expect that there will be some talented transfer players though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron