Greatest ISU Transfer of All Time?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
After Shayok's essentially game-winning 3 in Norman on Monday night, along with his other impressive performances this season, is he in contention to be one of the greatest transfers to ever play at Iowa State? I know no one will compare to the might of Jeff Beverly, so this is basically a fight for second place, but my top 3 is as follows:
1. Deandre Kane
2. Marial Shayok
3. Royce White

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
After Shayok's essentially game-winning 3 in Norman on Monday night, along with his other impressive performances this season, is he in contention to be one of the greatest transfers to ever play at Iowa State? I know no one will compare to the might of Jeff Beverly, so this is basically a fight for second place, but my top 3 is as follows:
1. Deandre Kane
2. Marial Shayok
3. Royce White

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/rank-the-transfers.245294/

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love a lot of the players listed and I see good cases for a lot of them to top the list but I have to believe that a forward who takes over PG for a team because they don't have one and leads them the NCAA tournament leading the team in Pts, R, A, B & S along the way has to be next to the top if not squarely on it.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Kane, White, Shayok

They were all good in their own way. I hope Shayok’s work ethic rubs off on all the freshman/sophomores/juniors. Because greatness only comes from practice.

• Agree
Reactions: CarterCloneFan

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Cato came from South Alabama and Willoughby from New Orleans. Willoughby attended Indian Hills mid year to avoid sitting out full season in 1995-96 but did not play basketball.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and Peter

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Royce and Kane above Shayok. BUT Shayok’s story hasn’t finished being written yet. But Royce completely rejuvenated ISU basketball from the grave and Kane helped take it to the next level. I give the nod to Royce though, because he had a lot less help than Kane (Kane played on one of the most talented starting 5 we’ve ever had.)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I love a lot of the players listed and I see good cases for a lot of them to top the list but I have to believe that a forward who takes over PG for a team because they don't have one and leads them the NCAA tournament leading the team in Pts, R, A, B & S along the way has to be next to the top if not squarely on it.

Royce and Kane above Shayok. BUT Shayok’s story hasn’t finished being written yet. But Royce completely rejuvenated ISU basketball from the grave and Kane helped take it to the next level. I give the nod to Royce though, because he had a lot less help than Kane (Kane played on one of the most talented starting 5 we’ve ever had.)
To me, Royce White is the second (arguably the first) most important person in the turnaround of ISU basketball.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To me, Royce White is the second (arguably the first) most important person in the turnaround of ISU basketball.
I have to agree. This is quite a turnaround for me since when it was first rumored that ISU might get him as a transfer I postulated on CF that it was highly likely that he would never play a minute for ISU. I was proved very wrong, but given the way things went after he left ISU and the little bit we have learned since about his two years here it sounds like my concerns were well founded. Be that as it may, I wouldn't trade his year here for anything.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Tinsley, Dedric and Ejim( transferred from McD's class to Hoiberg's )

Actually it's probably Wesley Johnson but he went the wrong way so screw him.

Ugh I remember when that happened I was just thinking "what if?" because we also had Craig Brackins immediately after that.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
1. Royce- once in a generation talent, too bad we only got him for 1 year

2A. Kane- Ill give the slight edge to Kane over Shayok just for the fact he was more of a vocal leader than Shayok

2B. Shayok

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78