Great picture of Jake Knott interception and Iowa fan's faces

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm with you regarding the authenticity of this photo. Knott was facing downfield on the play. Knott was on the hash marker nearest the Iowa bench. The pass came from the center of the field. Knott was facing the Iowa end zone, not the Iowa sideline.

No he wasn't. Watch the highlights video on Cyclones.TV at about the 5:30 mark. He was sprinting out to his right and was mostly facing the QB when he threw. He turned a little to his right while jumping to tip the ball and turned almost entirely toward the Iowa bench to catch the tipped ball.

ZombieCyclone

Sep 4, 2010
Last edited:

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
No. He was covering a skinny flag route.. so when he tipped the ball, he was running away from our sideline(towards the Iowa Bench). This photo also shows the end of the Iowa bench, which would be correct because he got the INT on roughly the 20-30 yd line.

I was in a great seat above the ISU bench and saw the play. The last three minutes were a real rollercoaster ride. I recall the pass, Knott in open field, the tip, Knott dropping to the turf with the ball, and getting swarmed under white jerseys. I couldn't believe what had just happened. One minute earlier we looked like winners. A few seconds off the clock later, we looked like losers. You all did a good job researching the interception. I saw it differently, in person. So what I think I saw wasn't necessarily true. i'm just happy that I was there to see it all play out.

Nice work.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
It sure feels GOOD that we beat them "again"....it's time to move forward. There are a lot better teams we play on our schedule then EICC. Go Cyclones !

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Can't say for sure, but tell me, of all the women you've seen wearing a visor, what % were hot? Most were prolly over 45, I'm guessing.

But, to be fair, you could always go to that iowacorn fan cam thingy and look for her until you find her, just to be sure.

Here is a link to that spot in the stadium of that pic- don't see visor chick though. She is so mysterious.:jimlad:

Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series FANCAM