Great game for CSP and his squad ...

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I liked that it was a game ISU won without bombing a ton of 3's ie: taking a lot of bad 3's. Showed some grit last night. Sure Shayok hit a couple game changers late, but overall ISU really came though with drives, work in the post, and with the mid-range shots.

I'll be satisfied if they make a ton of 3s to bury KU though.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Agree and CSP stopped runs with timely TOs and changing defenses - I think we are seeing our coach growing right in front of our eyes.
I think that's something people miss. Coaches get better over time. He's in his fourth year in a power conference. He is still learning. Like it or not there's a good chance ISU will typically hire coaches that have to learn on the job.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86 and NENick

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Do you think ISU is Duke or UNC or Kansas? **** you are delusional 22 wins and playing for the BIg 12 is a damn good year.
Duke, UNC, or Kansas they are not. But I think they have the potential to be. :D “Most talented team in the big 12.” Many have said that this year, I bet you’ve even heard it.

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I liked that it was a game ISU won without bombing a ton of 3's ie: taking a lot of bad 3's. Showed some grit last night. Sure Shayok hit a couple game changers late, but overall ISU really came though with drives, work in the post, and with the mid-range shots.

If you would have told me before the game we would only scored 63 points, I would have been almost for sure we’d have lost the game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I enjoyed the analogy from one of the announcers last night (paraphrasing):

"That game was a boxing match. Iowa State won because they were the ones who landed their haymakers at the end"

• Funny
Reactions: Omaha Cy

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

Exactly. They shot only 27% on threes, but they picked up 10 offensive rebounds and out rebounded KSU by 14 overall. Instead of the other way, they in there fighting for the ball. They are also working for stops. 17 turnovers is a bit much, but as long as they are doing the other things, they can make up for that.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Exactly. They shot only 27% on threes, but they picked up 10 offensive rebounds and out rebounded KSU by 14 overall. Instead of the other way, they in there fighting for the ball. They are also working for stops. 17 turnovers is a bit much, but as long as they are doing the other things, they can make up for that.
Blown away by the rebounding effort.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
All I can ask is for from a coach is to have a backup plan and keep the guys motivated. Plan A is make 3s. Plan B is minimize turnovers. We countered these shortfallls by rebounding and playing good defense. We changed our defenses. We made good outlet passes. Halliburton came alive. Jacobson fought like an animal for every rebound. This is a different way of winning - this is how basketball is meant to be played. Next game, maybe plans A and B will work.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I don’t think we’ve seen their full potential more than a couple times this season. It was close against Baylor. Not as close against KSU.

Is there no reason to consider the quality of the opponent in analyzing how they played?

Never hate, just disappointment.

This is just sad. Find a new hobby. Do you bowl?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Is there no reason to consider the quality of the opponent in analyzing how they played?

He's expecting us to put up 90 points on the 4th ranked ADJDE team in the country I guess.

Last night was about as gritty of a win as you can get considering the competition. Jacobson was in beast mode last night and it was nice to see us actually crash the boards on offense last night, I dont remember seeing that all year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron