Great deal on Iowa State @ Kansas MBB tickets

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Probably the student section. Their students are gone, hence the special.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
If you got these tickets, I recommend showing up as early as possible to get good seats. Gates open up 1 1/2 hours prior to tip. (2 hours for students)

jflattery

Oct 29, 2008
Kansas City
If you got these tickets, I recommend showing up as early as possible to get good seats. Gates open up 1 1/2 hours prior to tip. (2 hours for students)

How is the parking lot situation in Lawrence? It's my first time going to a game in Lawrence and I got tickets for the game tonight.

c1nation

Jun 20, 2012
How is the parking lot situation in Lawrence? It's my first time going to a game in Lawrence and I got tickets for the game tonight.
I would park in Lot 90 (corner of Naismith Dr & Schweigler Dr). It is $20 per car and is across the street from Allen Fieldhouse. You can search for side streets around the fieldhouse but you will have to walk quite a bit. Good Luck!

c1nation

Jun 20, 2012
I would also add that it is possible to avoid long lines by avoiding the East entrance(where the Phog Allen Statue is); this is where the majority of the people line up to enter. Instead, enter on the North side of the building from level 2 of the parking garage. It is the fastest route to the student/GA areas (Sections 19, 20, 20A, & 21). Have fun!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Didn't get any sense on TV of presence of Iowa State fans at KU last night. Can anyone who went give us an estimate of how many were there? I was hoping that the "16-3" would be down in the "15s" last night, but it seemed pretty normal for KU on the TV broadcast.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Didn't get any sense on TV of presence of Iowa State fans at KU last night. Can anyone who went give us an estimate of how many were there? I was hoping that the "16-3" would be down in the "15s" last night, but it seemed pretty normal for KU on the TV broadcast.

I think there were 2-300 of us. Place was filled to the gills with blue.

Adam, thanks for posting this! Incredible experience, and I would have had no idea.

Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think there were 2-300 of us. Place was filled to the gills with blue.

Adam, thanks for posting this! Incredible experience, and I would have had no idea.

Were you scattered? Or were Cyclone fans able to group together? I doubt it with general admission, except for small groups.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
I was across the gym from most of the GA crowd but it looked like there was a little pocket that found each other. Overall, I there were quite a few ISU fans around but mostly spread all over. I thought we represented well for an early Monday night game and heard some KU fans say the same.

jflattery

Oct 29, 2008
Kansas City
I was across the gym from most of the GA crowd but it looked like there was a little pocket that found each other. Overall, I there were quite a few ISU fans around but mostly spread all over. I thought we represented well for an early Monday night game and heard some KU fans say the same.

I was in the GA crowd and there were small clusters of us through out the GA crowd. More ISU fans than what I had expected.

Koolman

Dec 4, 2012
Kansas City
I agree with Erik there were around 300 Cyclone fans at the game. I did have a friend that tried to buy GA tickets, and they were sold out. I was very impressed by the size of the crowd, since the students were on break. Just another sellout at Allen Fieldhouse.

BTW which one of you was sitting behind the basket yelling ISU every time that KU attempted a free throw?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My son said that the guy who screams during free throws of opponents at Hilton was there. Seemed like he made a KU guy miss one. Not sure I like that in terms of sportsmanship, but did kind of get a kick out of it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron