Great Crowd Today

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'll be honest, I figured the crowd up near my Section B seats would be sparse, but it filled in very well, along with the rest of the stadium. I thought some would choose to stay home on this holiday weekend, but I was very impressed with the crowd. Active and into the game, the weather certainly helped out as I think many would have bailed if it was a dreary day. But still......as others have said, find me another program with fan support like this with such a bad product on the field. You won't find one. Hope the recruits are paying attention.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Hats off to all Cyclone fans who made the game. Greatest fans in the nation.

There will be a drop-off in attendance next year, but the team will do much better. I still have faith. That's the Cyclone in me. That's the Cyclone in us all.

Reactions: kkise

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I'll be honest, I figured the crowd up near my Section B seats would be sparse, but it filled in very well, along with the rest of the stadium. I thought some would choose to stay home on this holiday weekend, but I was very impressed with the crowd. Active and into the game, the weather certainly helped out as I think many would have bailed if it was a dreary day. But still......as others have said, find me another program with fan support like this with such a bad product on the field. You won't find one. Hope the recruits are paying attention.

I'm telling ya, it's part of what makes Iowa State so special. I did not grow up in Big 8/12 country. The only thing I knew about the Big 8 was Nebraska and Oklahoma. When I moved to Iowa and was introduced to Iowa State athletics and it's fan base, I have to tell you I was VERY impressed. It's different.....it's special. I grew up cheering for a completely different conference and although there are good fan bases everywhere, never take for granted the passion ISU fans have for it's university and athletic programs. I know Iowa State has not provided the level of tradition that other schools have, but it's loyalty is second to none. If you have ever been a fan of a team that does not have that, you have NO idea what a great thing it really is. It is very appropriate that "loyal sons forever true" is in the school song. Don't take it for granted and the fans should be commended.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Was there today, and not renewing tickets for football next year. Getting season tickets for Freddie ball, wish I could do both, but can't so my money goes to a real coaching staff.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Was there today, and not renewing tickets for football next year. Getting season tickets for Freddie ball, wish I could do both, but can't so my money goes to a real coaching staff.

My family as well.

I cannot justify paying for both...so at least with Hoiball...you know there is a return investment.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

There will be a drop-off in attendance next year, but the team will do much better. I still have faith. That's the Cyclone in me. That's the Cyclone in us all.

The drop off will be brief. Win a couple games early and they're all right back in there. And we'll welcome every one of them!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
if the weather is like today 55k. Hopefully see a win at JTS this year.

I think student turnout will be pretty bad as the KU game is on the first Saturday of break. A decent number of students will be leaving Ames on the Friday before or traveling on Saturday instead of going to the game. The casual student has no interest in a 1-9 team if there is anything else they could be doing. But I guess we will find out! Our fan support really is amazing for a team with this performance.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
The drop off will be brief. Win a couple games early and they're all right back in there. And we'll welcome every one of them!

I hope you're right - but there were thousands of new season tickets sold this year and many feel duped and won't come back easily. time will tell.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I hope you're right - but there were thousands of new season tickets sold this year and many feel duped and won't come back easily. time will tell.

I agree with this. There were thousands of curious fans who decided to come in and kick the tires this season to see what the excitement was all about. Well, they're not being welcomed well by the team. They won't be back for awhile.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA

I'm one of them. I feel duped, but I always get over it. All in all paying the donation and purchasing season tickets is a lot cheaper than buying a few individual game tickets that are marked way up on stub hub! Win or lose I'll renew, but that's just me. :smile:

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
There will be little to no drop off next year in attendance. I laugh at those who say different. The team will be better, everybody know's that and come August everybody will be wound up for Cyclone football again.

That said if you look at the 14' schedule we will more than likely start the year off 3-5 but tons of winnable games late. Very front heavy schedule.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines

Yeah, 2015 attendance will be just like this seasons if not better if the team wins 6 games next year its basically a guarantee all games before November sell out when Iowa is back on the home schedule if they bounce back with a good season next year

Next years attendance will be OK. There will be 1-2 games of amazing attendance no matter what. 1-2 games of good-great attendance to be determined based on how the teams doing (that could well be sell outs.) And probably only 2 maybe 3 games with attendance under 40k.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
There will be little to no drop off next year in attendance. I laugh at those who say different. The team will be better, everybody know's that and come August everybody will be wound up for Cyclone football again.

That said if you look at the 14' schedule we will more than likely start the year off 3-5 but tons of winnable games late. Very front heavy schedule.

You do realize we sold out season tickets this year - there is nowhere to go but down. The only shot to match this years season ticket sales is to hire a great OC.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I was amazed today at how it filled up. Really proud of our fans. And you could tell that the players are still fighting HARD. Judging by the sideline reaction on that George interception, you'd have thought we were playing for bowl eligibility.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
You do realize we sold out season tickets this year - there is nowhere to go but down. The only shot to match this years season ticket sales is to hire a great OC.

Are people really going to get season tickets based on a new OC?