Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Iowa has to be the most racist fanbase in the country.

There are probably a few south of the Mason Dixon line that are worse than the TOE fanbase, but any hoks that support the debacle in Iowa City right now are giving them a run.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Busting Brackets "analyzed" and ranked the incoming B1G classes.
Iowa comes in at #8, which is more of a shot at the 5 programs behind EUI rather than a credit to Fran in my mind. The descriptions of each of the players game is pretty pedestrian.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/07/03/big-ten-basketball-analysing-each-programs-2020-classes/8/
Im actually shocked Fran is out recruiting Fred and Holtman, not to mention known cheaters like little **** Pitino. I agree the commentary on their guys sounds incredibly void of promise and excitement.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Im actually shocked Fran is out recruiting Fred and Holtman, not to mention known cheaters like little **** Pitino. I agree the commentary on their guys sounds incredibly void of promise and excitement.

Holtmann brought in two good high school recruits and Towns in 2020. That is better than Fran's best class ever

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you read the rest of the analysis for the other teams, every player is discussed similarly. Mostly positives, rarely any negatives.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Twins is Graham Couch?
Well no but...

Honestly do any Hawkeye fans ever argue against the comment that this is Tyler Cook and a mid-major roster?
"...Tyler Cook and a mid-major roster."

That's the most accurate description of that team I've read.
Idk there are few mid major guys like JBO Moss, and Garza. But the rest like Dailey, Ellingsin, Kriener, Pemsl etc are low mid major (think Drake) or straight low major like South Dakota/NoDak level.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Certainly no “victory lap”.

Calling Iowa’s lineup “mid major” is pretty idiotic though...

When they were losing to Omaha and others in past Franny seasons--it was appropriate.
When half the fanbase called for Franny's head on a platter for years, during several seasons-- it was appropriate.

Now the same goofball fans puffing their chests, acting obnoxious, bashing ISU mbb

my what short memories they have. Iowa fans (mbb and FB) the most #Bipolar in the country

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
What a weird bump
giphy.gif