Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brutal week for Iowa and they haven't even announced their assistant coach yet which isn't going to go over well

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It went from the fan base saying he should quit basketball and stick to baseball to him being the starting point guard in the Big Ten. What an off season

I don't know if was this thread or another but I said the deck's been cleared for the kids and their friends to play a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It went from the fan base saying he should quit basketball and stick to baseball to him being the starting point guard in the Big Ten. What an off season

Yikes. I mean with Garza/Jorbo/Joe, they won't be horrible. As much as I rag on those guys, they can step up at times and play well. However, the overall depth looks alarming for them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yikes. I mean with Garza/Jorbo/Joe, they won't be horrible. As much as I rag on those guys, they can step up at times and play well. However, the overall depth looks alarming for them.
The guys you listed can step up at times offensively but defensively the first two are a giant problem.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

2 of those 3 listed are in the bottom 10% in defense in all of CBB

• Winner
Reactions: ATCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just an FYI I know I've broke a ton of news lately (Nixon coming back, Moss leaving, Harvey laughing at Iowa and going to a team coming off an 0-18 conference record) but I think I'm tapped out for now. I do know Fant has never been happier to be out of IC but that's about it

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: LLCoolCY and mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Just an FYI I know I've broke a ton of news lately (Nixon coming back, Moss leaving, Harvey laughing at Iowa and going to a team coming off an 0-18 conference record) but I think I'm tapped out for now. I do know Fant has never been happier to be out of IC but that's about it

We need Fran to do just well enough to keep his job....or at the very least keep earning those under the table raises the athletics department is ashamed to admit.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We need Fran to do just well enough to keep his job....or at the very least keep earning those under the table raises the athletics department is ashamed to admit.

He could miss a couple tourneys in a row and still be safe just because they can't afford to fire him

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He could miss a couple tourneys in a row and still be safe just because they can't afford to fire him

Talk about a slide from the last two months. They were a basket away from a sweet 16 and since then they've dropped and dropped as a program.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Any idea what Fran is going to do now with 3 open scholarships after striking out on Harvey and the Hausers?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah wow that in this day in age, Iowa has such a racist coach.
This is the narrative you're going with, huh?
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron