Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
What's Garza's conference D rating?

Better than Jackson's.

LOL at Garza being one of the worst 5 defensive players in the country or whatever that stupid stat was. Hes not even the worst defensive player in the state.

• Disagree
Reactions: wing59

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Better than Jackson's.

LOL at Garza being one of the worst 5 defensive players in the country or whatever that stupid stat was. Hes not even the worst defensive player in the state.

That didn't answer my question. What is his conference D rating?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Iowa is really bad at defense so no body is going to have a good defensive efficiency rating.
Looking at Garza's PER though, it is pretty impressive for a freshman big who is pretty slow. He is one of the best rebounders in the conference.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa is really bad at defense so no body is going to have a good defensive efficiency rating.
Looking at Garza's PER though, it is pretty impressive for a freshman big who is pretty slow. He is one of the best rebounders in the conference.

Cool story David

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Wow, Garza has a PER almost 10 points higher than Niang did as a freshman and about 3 points higher than his best season.

Niang was a role player on a NCAA tournament team as a freshman. And in Niangs "best season" he did that while playing more than 33 minutes a game.

Garza is playing well, but he's doing it on a bad team and for limited stretches of time. We'll see how he progresses.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Speaking of Lard... I would say he is having the best freshman season for a big at ISU since Marcus Fizer. You could make an argument for Brackins but I think Lard's numbers are better.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I think they are playing here soon:

Bobs-Country-Bunker.jpg
Tyler Cook: What kind of music do you usually have here?

Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Tyler Cook: What kind of music do you usually have here?

Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

Tyler Cook: What kind of basketball do you usually play here?

Fran: Oh, we got both kinds. We got inefficient *and* poor defense!

Side note: Fran is a perfect name for a crappy basketball coach and a waitress at Bobs Country Bunker

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Rural and Cydar