Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That game put the fizz in physical.

I not sure Fran's willowy, position less, stringbeans would have fared that well.

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That game put the fizz in physical.

I not sure Fran's willowy, position less, stringbeans would have fared that well.

Just think for how much we love UNLV they could have Beard now and Texas Tech would be irrelevant

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If you watched the game tonight you would have known Lard was in foul trouble. Most of his points were on putbacks. At one point Talley and Beverly were our post players.

Again I didnt watch but how is this possible when Lard had 10 FG's and only 4 offensive rebounds?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Again I didnt watch but how is this possible when Lard had 10 FG's and only 4 offensive rebounds?

Lard had 11 FG attempts in 20 minutes. He got two pretty weak moving screen calls against him that made him sit out a lot

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'm not sure what your question was then

I asked why in the world Talley put up 15 shots when Lard was 10/11 from the field.

A response said that most of Lard's points came on put backs. I asked how that was possible if he only had 4 offensive rebounds and 10 FG's.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I asked why in the world Talley put up 15 shots when Lard was 10/11 from the field.

A response said that most of Lard's points came on put backs. I asked how that was possible if he only had 4 offensive rebounds and 10 FG's.

If Lard had 4 offensive rebounds I would say he had 8 points on put backs. Talley had one possession where he had like 3-4 shots missing put backs. Talley didn't have a great game but Texas Tech is probably the second best defense in the country behind Virginia and they went out of their way to take Jackson and Wigginton out of the game so Talley was forced to try to do too much IMO

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lots of Cy talk in a Tyler Cook thread by the guys that come to CyFan because they say it has better Hawk coverage than their voice provides.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I watched from the under 8 minute tv timeout till halftime. I thought ISU was competing very hard and were controlling the boards. But TT had some thunderous dunks and Wigginton had a really hard time playing point.

I went to sleep thinking that ISU was going to keep it close in the second half because they were outhustling TT from what I saw. Was surprised the final score was as bad as it was.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I watched from the under 8 minute tv timeout till halftime. I thought ISU was competing very hard and were controlling the boards. But TT had some thunderous dunks and Wigginton had a really hard time playing point.

I went to sleep thinking that ISU was going to keep it close in the second half because they were outhustling TT from what I saw. Was surprised the final score was as bad as it was.

The wheels fell off with about 6 minutes left. Jakolby Long came out and puked in a bucket on the bench so he went to the locker room and Lard was fouled out so we were down to 6 guys

• Informative
Reactions: flycy and YeahBuddy

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

ISU has no depth right now. Add into it that 5 players had 2 fouls in the first half (especially Lard with 2 at the 16:30 mark) and it was a long shot.

I thought 2nd half the lineup of Lard, Young, Talley, DJ and Wigginton really gave TT trouble.

• Informative
Reactions: YeahBuddy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
ISU has no depth right now. Add into it that 5 players had 2 fouls in the first half (especially Lard with 2 at the 16:30 mark) and it was a long shot.

I thought 2nd half the lineup of Lard, Young, Talley, DJ and Wigginton really gave TT trouble.

Do you feel like Wigginton has hit a freshman wall of sorts. He seems to be struggling of late. I only watched those eight minutes, but he was terrible in that time. Maybe too small a sample size I know, but it seems like he has regressed some from his early season form.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you feel like Wigginton has hit a freshman wall of sorts. He seems to be struggling of late. I only watched those eight minutes, but he was terrible in that time. Maybe too small a sample size I know, but it seems like he has regressed some from his early season form.

No. Not having Babb really hurts him because he's better off the ball but he did just put up 22 against an elite defense a week ago and had 14 and 8 last game vs Baylor

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: iahawks and BCClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
No. Not having Babb really hurts him because he's better off the ball but he did just put up 22 against an elite defense a week ago and had 14 and 8 last game vs Baylor

The 14/8 game he got on 28% shooting? I wouldn't call that a good game. The WVU game he did play well in.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The 14/8 game he got on 28% shooting? I wouldn't call that a good game. The WVU game he did play well in.

He didn't shoot well against Baylor but I thought he did a good job running the offense. After hanging 30 on them the first go around they made it a point to try to take him away

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I don't. It probably has more to do with getting acclimated to the PG position in the Big 12 conference. Having NWB for the first half of the conference season really helped Wigginton out.

He'll continue to improve at the PG spot.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't. It probably has more to do with getting acclimated to the PG position in the Big 12 conference. Having NWB for the first half of the conference season really helped Wigginton out.

He'll continue to improve at the PG spot.

Don't most feel that he probably won't ever really play PG at ISU? Weiler Babb will be there next year and most ISU fans feel that Wigginton will go pro after next year right?