Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa hasnt needed Garza as much down the stretch. He's so good the first 30 mins that they have a lead they are protecting. It makes sense to have Weiskamp shoot free throws in end of game situations.

I actually agree with you. It's better to keep him as far away from the ball as possible the last 10 min with his history

• Disagree
Reactions: Gitwitit

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Winning a Championship in the best conference in college basketball was pretty cool

If you won the Big12 tournament this year it would actually mean something. Last year it was like a fun bowl trip is all it was. When it mattered ISU couldn't even beat an 11 seed, LOL.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you won the Big12 tournament this year it would actually mean something. Last year it was like a fun bowl trip is all it was. When it mattered ISU couldn't even beat an 11 seed, LOL.

Tell that to the people that were there or the student athletes that got the championship rings. I will agree it was very fun though

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I actually agree with you. It's better to keep him as far away from the ball as possible the last 10 min with his history

Iowa loses games against Wisconsin, Rutgers, Michigan, Cincinnati, and Texas Tech if Garza didn't play the last 10 min.

• Agree
Reactions: Gitwitit

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Tell that to the people that were there or the student athletes that got the championship rings. I will agree it was very fun though

Like I said, just like a bowl trip. I'll take a NCAA tournament win over a bowl win.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So last year they lost their final four regular season games, 5 of their final 6 (the one win was vs a team that didn't make the tourney at home in overtime) and faded to a bubble team?
...and won a NCAA tournament game...while the Cyclones **** the bed against an 11 seed. What’s your point?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The fact a Prohm led mediocre Iowa State team won the Big 12 tournament tells you all you need to know about the conference.
The conference almost had a team win the Natty.
Kenpom had the B12 as the best league in the country.

This is up there with all time dumb takes.

Reactions: BCClone and CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron