Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fun fact: only six Big Ten teams have a higher RPI than the worst RPI Big 12 team (OSU at 89). Per CBS Sports
Wow, that’s incredibly bad. It’s funny hearing the experts say that even if Nebraska wins out (14-4 in BIG) and only win first game in NY, they could very well be on the wrong side of the bubble still.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Garza is efficiently bad. A true sign of a limited player and roster. They don’t do the wrong thing, they just can’t do the things needed to win.

So much losing with Iowa’s efficiency numbers, which has been consistent for Fran, is a red flag.

Garza is the big guy version of Geselle. Lots of motion and emotion, lots of running around and flailing of arms. Lots of getting hyped up after a big play (okay that doesn't happen very often because there aren't many big plays). But when it is all said and done, neither one has done/did much to help their team win the game. They have enough games where they get some stats during trash time which just fuels their belief they are a big deal.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Garza is the big guy version of Geselle. Lots of motion and emotion, lots of running around and flailing of arms. Lots of getting hyped up after a big play (okay that doesn't happen very often because there aren't many big plays). But when it is all said and done, neither one has done/did much to help their team win the game. They have enough games where they get some stats during trash time which just fuels their belief they are a big deal.

Garza is my favorite Iowa player by far

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Kenpom had Hilton at 3rd best home court advantage in the country before this season started, good for more than 4 points per game at home.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article168730742.html

Aaaand the KU shill paper continues the myth....

Iowa State and Kansas State’s fan bases both have the reputation of being boo-heavy, focusing much of their attention on officiating. Could that be the most effective way for fans to influence the game, based on the knowledge that officiating determines much of home-court advantage?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Aaaand the KU shill paper continues the myth....

Iowa State and Kansas State’s fan bases both have the reputation of being boo-heavy, focusing much of their attention on officiating. Could that be the most effective way for fans to influence the game, based on the knowledge that officiating determines much of home-court advantage?

Yeah, I chuckled at that one, and the implication that KU's advantage would rank higher except they blow more teams out which neutralizes their score.

Beakers are funny.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Garza is my favorite Iowa player by far

I'm at a toss up between Baer Cleaver and Bobo.

Iowa's 'go to' that I've seen is to get a couple of baskets out of the half to gain 'momentum', pump fists and clap like the final game in Teen Wolf, and then come down and trip and/or dribble off the leg to turn it over and let the other team to proceed with the dunking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/gotta-feel-bad-for-iowa-state-today-for-their-future.179956/

This is quite the thread a buddy sent me for a good laugh. Poster "Rock n Roll face"... yikes!

That was rough...glad I don't check their boards.

Now I know where hokdum gets its information and the idea that Bobo is better than Monte Morris. They go by numbers between a guy that was a vital part of an NIT qualifier, and a guy that was an off guard sidekick to an AA PG on a Sweet 16 team. Great stuff.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is the level of intelligence on that board...

View attachment 53536

Posted by poster named Hawklogic. Perfect.

Reading that made me feel like I was sitting smack dab in a small town Iowa bar, Journey on the jukebox, stories of favorite high school memories abound between the excitement of how god Iowa could be if the games they keep losing were wins.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Posted by poster named Hawklogic. Perfect.

Reading that made me feel like I was sitting smack dab in a small town Iowa bar, Journey on the jukebox, stories of favorite high school memories abound between the excitement of how god Iowa could be if the games they keep losing were wins.

Finding Hawk logic is like trying to find a unicorn.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron