Got Firefox?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So, I've had the latest and greatest version of Firefox (v2.0) installed for over a week now and I must say - it's still the same Firefox with some nice enhancements.

The one I like the best is the auto spell checking it has in it, when typing into sites such as this one.

As I type in this handy, dandy text box, any words that are misspelled are underlined in red, just as they are in Word or some of the other programs. I can right click on the misspelled word and get options for the correct spelling. Also, if something shows up as misspelled and it's not in the dictionary - I can add it and it won't show up in the future!

For that and the many other reasons - I suggest you IE users out there take a good look at Firefox.

Now only if I could find a way to get paid for this...:wink0st:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
eh, i use both IE7 and Firefox 2 and have used Opera as well. Im still not sold on firefox. As much as the world loves to gripe about IE its still easy to use and straight forward. As far as security, the world isnt as out to get you as the nerds would like you to believe. You just have to be smart about how you handle online business. This is by no means a bash on Firefox. i like it, I just am not a go hard at it.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And bostinelosd - that's what's great about the different "products" for browsing the internet - each has it's different features that caters to different people. I used to be an IE lover - wouldn't switch at all

A friend virtually made me try Firefox for a week and then decide. I never went back and I made that decision after just a couple days.

I do use IE still and like the IE7 changes, but it's like 98% Firefox, 2% IE. I have Netscape installed too, but only "use" it for web testing when we roll out new changes to the website here at work.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The name, just kidding. Firefox among other types like it introduced tabbed browsing which I didnt like at first but became accustomed to it and now I love it. IE 7 has that now. ISUFAN22 can probably give you a more in dept analysis of Firefox. I just dont use it enough to get into the nitty gritty of features. I just like IE 7 better because it seems to have a cleaner easier to use feature set. Its pretty much brand spanking new.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
So what add-ons would you suggest for the new firefox?

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
So what add-ons would you suggest for the new firefox?

thats a good question. I download some already. but i would like another opinion.

I am trying this out and i seem to like it so far. But i did notice that my signature does not come up centered as it is suppose to. why would that be?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I've got...

Adblock Plus
Fasterfox
Forecastfox
Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
FoxyTunes
Tabbrowser Preferences

Highly recommend the tabbrowser preferences. Adds even more abilities to tabbed browsing.

I have not looked for many new ones since the upgrade - just updated my current ones. I need to do that though as I've heard some nice to ad-ons have been created.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Ive noticed pictures come up slower as well, but that may just be me. I like the customizablity options for add ons and skins and such, but i just cant find anything that will make me switch to FF

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
IE won't work on my computer. Is there any other good browsers besides Firefox and Netscape?

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I've got...

Adblock Plus
Fasterfox
Forecastfox
Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
FoxyTunes
Tabbrowser Preferences

Highly recommend the tabbrowser preferences. Adds even more abilities to tabbed browsing.

I have not looked for many new ones since the upgrade - just updated my current ones. I need to do that though as I've heard some nice to ad-ons have been created.

Some of those seem to work great.

I do keep getting a encryption pop up a lot. What is that about and how do i get rid of it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
IE wont work on your system? Why not? Have linux? =)

Opera is a good one.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Isufan22, how do you set up the foxytunes thing for your existing music?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Isufan22, how do you set up the foxytunes thing for your existing music?

Explain?

I downloaded the ad-on, and in the preference for FoxyTunes I selected Windows Media player as the default music player.

I can open musing in WMP and minimize it, that goes "away" and I can run it via FoxyTunes or I can open and play music directly from FoxyTunes.

I'll be honest, I don't use it too often as I use Yahoo Messenger and play the Yahoo Launchcast music from it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Time for some humor again while you install Firefox:

The World's Shortest Books

• The Difference between Reality and Dilbert
  • Al Gore: The Wild Years
  • Different Ways to Spell "Bob"
  • Everything Men Know About Women
  • Everything Women Know About Men
  • The Engineer's Guide to Fashion