GOOOO VILLANOVA!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think those that were hoping that Iowa wasn't that good of a team can take a look at what they're doing to a good Villanova team and get their answer. They have good defense, inside scoring, outside scoring, make free throws, get blocks, and most of all versatile depth. We'll have to play well to beat them but they'll have to play well to beat us, too. Auburn and UNI games are whats most important right now.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Iowa has had some good defense, but I also see a lot of shots by Nova that don't have "good" D that have just been flat out missed. Iowa doesn't suck, that's evident, but it's hard to tell how good they are yet.

Also it was just one half and teams/games aren't always indicative after just one half of play. I think Iowa is no doubt good, but now it's just a question of "how good?"

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'd say they're top 3 in Big10 good. Would be surprised if they don't finish ahead of Ohio State and Wisky this year. Maybe even Michigan.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I think Villanova has had a lot of stupid turnovers that has lead to Iowa fast break points. Just stuff that you shouldn't do and it doesn't help that they can't hit anything.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Iowa is better than Michigan right now for, going to be a dogfight in Hilton, hopefully it being the first road game will help.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I'm still not that worried about Iowa. We've done a good job so far taking care of the ball which is really what Iowa has been feasting off of the last two games. As long as we take decent care of the ball and don't shoot 0-25 from three, I think we will be fine.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Iowa is better than Michigan right now for, going to be a dogfight in Hilton, hopefully it being the first road game will help.

I agree they are better than Michigan or BYU from what I've seen.

It will be a tough, hard fought game. If we take care of the ball, I like our chances.

If we're sloppy with the ball like last year we'll get beat.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
nova>uncc

Unknown at this point.

I agree they are better than Michigan or BYU from what I've seen.

It will be a tough, hard fought game. If we take care of the ball, I like our chances.

If we're sloppy with the ball like last year we'll get beat.

It will be tough, but we will win. Because Fred.

Henks4Cy

Apr 1, 2010
I don't think I would go that far. I definitely root for the Big 12 against any other conference. I do like to see KU lose, but in conference action.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
When Nova stopped turning the ball over it started to look like they figured out Iowa can't guard them. Time to see if Marble can be the closer.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
When Nova stopped turning the ball over it started to look like they figured out Iowa can't guard them. Time to see if Marble can be the closer.

Yep. A lot of Iowa's big lead had to do with Villanova basically trying to penetrate the ball and trying to thread the ball in a 1 foot space between 2 defenders. That and Nova barely being able to hit a shot before even while wide open.

Iowa is good, but I think we can take them as long as we aren't missing everything and playing decent D.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
u want a real laugh, just check out Hawkeye report some time
lzd44.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron