Good News

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Well, that does seem to be encouraging..... of course based on the history of your thread title on this website, then maybe that isn't such a good sign.... unless this is the week bobcats finally drops the bombshell!

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I do think this Army squad is improved and I think their coach is doing a great job, but Army just doesn't have the athletes do stop us on defense, and I'm confident that we'll be able to slow down the option well enough to win this game comfortably. I'm going with 38-13.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Phil Steele picked Kent State to cover last week. That didn't turn out very good for him. :)

My brother paid $120/year for his news letter (Power Sweep) and Phil gives him 6 picks per week. It is pretty pathetic because Steele is usually below 50%, what a waste of $$$$.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
I did something like that a couple years ago and the first 7 picks they gave me were wrong. I started just betting against his picks

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
That's a horrible pick. I really, really think that the Clones will win this thing by at least 20.

I agree. Just like with the Kent State game, I don't see why people are worried about this game. Could we lose? Sure, but I think the chances of us winning big are much greater than us losing.

Army got beat handily by Duke. Duke lost to 1AA Richmond the first week of the season and then got pounded by KU last weekend. They squeeked by a Ball State team that is absolutely horrible losing to North Texas and New Hampshire in previous weeks.

Army may not be as bad as Kent State but its close. And this game is at home. I say ISU by 3 TDs or more.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
That's a horrible pick. I really, really think that the Clones will win this thing by at least 20.

Yeah, the matchups look really good for us (except for that #82 freak). I like our outside LB's DE's and safeties against this offense. They are going to have a tough time with our offense. Again, match-ups are tough.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
No matter the matchups, the triple option will be tough for us to stop. If our offense doesn't come out swinging we are not going to cover

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
No matter the matchups, the triple option will be tough for us to stop. If our offense doesn't come out swinging we are not going to cover

This...

Our D has not seen a triple option attack. They are extremely difficult to defend (especially with a borderline defense). There is at least a chance it proves to be a good thing for Army and this thing ends up being quite the dogfight.

IF we stop their option attack, we will cover easy, but I have zero confidence we will walk in and stop a bonafide triple option team until I see it with my own eyes.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Unless Army puts it on ground, we'll be doing good to have a 10 point win over a running, ball control team.

Iowa State 31 Army 21.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Unless Army puts it on ground, we'll be doing good to have a 10 point win over a running, ball control team.

Iowa State 31 Army 21.

I think you're dead on here. I think the 10 pt spread is pretty accurate. There's no doubt that I could see this game a 3 TD win the us but these service acadamies...you just never know how your defense is going to react.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This...

Our D has not seen a triple option attack. They are extremely difficult to defend (especially with a borderline defense). There is at least a chance it proves to be a good thing for Army and this thing ends up being quite the dogfight.

IF we stop their option attack, we will cover easy, but I have zero confidence we will walk in and stop a bonafide triple option team until I see it with my own eyes.

My opinion - if the Dookies can defend Army's triple option, so can we...

BeatNavy

Sep 21, 2009
fwiw, and without looking at their schedules, Duke has faced at least on true triple option team every year since 2004 (Navy each season) two last year (Navy, GT)

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
My opinion - if the Dookies can defend Army's triple option, so can we...

Touche! :yes:

The reason I am not so sure we cover is that they can do to us what the Dolphins did to the Colts the other night. They can eat up a ton of time. Now their offense isn't as balanced as the Dolphins and our offense isn't as quick scoring as the Colts...but I think the comparison is valid

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
that's it in a nutshell. The thing about the option is ball security. Option teams put the ball on the ground a lot. Oklahoma did it, but had so much more talent than everyone else 30 yrs ago, that they overcame that. Army cannot overcome TO's with superior talent. So they have a dillemma. They play option because they can't line up and knock you off the ball. That risks TO's. They try to overcome that with precision. Army is facing bad match-ups with a turnover prone offense. I really like Parker, Lyle, Garrin, Raven, Sims and James Smith vs this offense, and I love our offense vs the guys that are going to have to try and defend it. Iowa St by about 20, 34-14. Now if WE continue to turn it over in this game and give these guys a short field to work with.................but we're not going to do that. We're going to execute and we are going to secure the ball. IF we do these two things, I don't think we can lose.