OU at WVU is a battle of losers, but 'eers are at home
ISU at oSu sets up for home team

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Tech has been living at the free throw line and their opponents are not getting there. Does anyone think that trend will keep going in AFH?

• Wow
Reactions: dirtyninety

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tech has been living at the free throw line and their opponents are not getting there. Does anyone think that trend will keep going in AFH?
In their last home game, Kansas trailed West Virginia in free throw attempts 28-9. If KU settles for jumpers like they did in that WVU game then they will lose. If they attack the rim like they did in the 2nd half vs. KSU then I like their chances.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
That's because they actually attack and don't just pass the ball around the 3 point line.

Trying to decide what is worse: passing the ball around the 3 point line for 25 seconds, or one on one isolation hero ball while 4 guys stand around that we watched the last 5 years.

• Haha

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Trying to decide what is worse: passing the ball around the 3 point line for 25 seconds, or one on one isolation hero ball while 4 guys stand around that we watched the last 5 years.

I'll take 1 on 1 hero ball anytime, at least they are trying to do something.

Reactions: exCYtable

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Only Iowa State has had more free throw attempts by opponents than Texas Tech and ISU only leads them by 3. .

Tech has employed the Press Virginia style of playing so physically that the refs cannot possibly call all of the fouls they commit.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Only Iowa State has had more free throw attempts by opponents than Texas Tech and ISU only leads them by 3. .

Tech has employed the Press Virginia style of playing so physically that the refs cannot possibly call all of the fouls they commit.
Tech looks like the late 90s Knicks out there. Just extremely physical on both ends. I'm surprised they haven't hurt some guys.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tech looks like the late 90s Knicks out there. Just extremely physical on both ends. I'm surprised they haven't hurt some guys.
Tech is a really hard team to play. They are a big group of oddly shaped players who are weird sizes for their assignment. They basically play a bunch of small forwards, switch everything and just wrestle you for position. They did a good job of getting a smaller guard switched on to Williams and he ate them alive.

Fortunately, Agbaji has developed into a stud and is playing like an NBA player this year. A wrist injury at OU is the only interruption to a streak of 20+ point scoring games. 66 points in his last 2 games and an absurd 47% from three on the season. That was the cherry on top of an incredible sports weekend for KU/Chiefs fans.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Tech is a really hard team to play. They are a big group of oddly shaped players who are weird sizes for their assignment. They basically play a bunch of small forwards, switch everything and just wrestle you for position. They did a good job of getting a smaller guard switched on to Williams and he ate them alive.

Fortunately, Agbaji has developed into a stud and is playing like an NBA player this year. A wrist injury at OU is the only interruption to a streak of 20+ point scoring games. 66 points in his last 2 games and an absurd 47% from three on the season. That was the cherry on top of an incredible sports weekend for KU/Chiefs fans.
Williams for Tech is really good. I know the buzz coming into the year that Shannon was their best player and an NBA guy but I think Williams is their best player. It took him awhile I think to get acclimated but he has really taken off. Guy really has a great all around game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Williams for Tech is really good. I know the buzz coming into the year that Shannon was their best player and an NBA guy but I think Williams is their best player. It took him awhile I think to get acclimated but he has really taken off. Guy really has a great all around game.
He scored 33 and 22 in his 2 games vs Kansas this year and scored 23 against KU last year when he played for UTEP. He has been a nightmare match up for KU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Agbaji was amazing again vs. TxT. That trey to tie it, few players in the country could do that at that moment. Nijel Pack couldn't vs. Ku.

He's obviously a great player and looks to be a good guy as well, a wonderful temperament, nothing negative about him. Never see him in the other guy's face. Admirable, particularly at Ku. He is likable.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
KU was really out of sorts the last 15 minutes or so of the game. They got the FT line a ton but I think they only made 6 baskets during that stretch. Bill Self manufactured half of those with plays draw up out of timeouts. He isn't getting enough credit for that game last night, Tech did everything they needed to win, they are just as good as KU, Self was the difference.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU was really out of sorts the last 15 minutes or so of the game. They got the FT line a ton but I think they only made 6 baskets during that stretch. Bill Self manufactured half of those with plays draw up out of timeouts. He isn't getting enough credit for that game last night, Tech did everything they needed to win, they are just as good as KU, Self was the difference.
KU shot themselves in the foot with a ton of missed free throws and a rash of unforced turnovers. They could have won that game by 10 in regulation. And if both teams played the same level I think KU is double digits better than Texas Tech.

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I'm still trying to digest why McDermott didn't squib kick but anyway, if Agbaji keeps this up against the great defense played nightly in the Big 12, he may be one of the best players offensively we have seen in conference in years. Very smooth and not rushed in what he does.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
These mid-season games are indeed starting to separate the wheat from the chaff.

No clearer statement was made last night than TCU getting boat-raced at home by Texas. The Frogs were never a top-tier team but had squeaked by middle to lower-tier teams after experiencing some success with a rather weak OOC schedule.

I expect to see more of the same tonight. It's a grind.

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
An incredible game at Stillwater last night. Seems every night is the next game of the year. So, oSu and WVU, particularly the 'eers, take a step down the ladder, Ames and OU the other direction when most needed.

Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
KU shot themselves in the foot with a ton of missed free throws and a rash of unforced turnovers. They could have won that game by 10 in regulation. And if both teams played the same level I think KU is double digits better than Texas Tech.
You can't just discount the turnovers and mistakes. It isn't an accident that both ISU and Kansas had mistakes and unforced turnovers in their games against Tech especially in the second half. That is what Tech does to teams. The pressure wears teams down both physically and mentally. Just because your team or mine succumbed to that pressure at times doesn't mean that our teams are miles ahead of Tech. It means that the Tech pressure did exactly what it is intended to do. KU was lucky to get out of their own building with a win. That Tech team is flat out tough.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron