Good for the game and long overdue ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
WSU plays football? Wait volleyball? Wait Baseball?

oh who gives a ****.

Reactions: BCClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Why would KSU agree to play two road games, one home game, and a neutral? That's just weird.

Weber has been trying his best to schedule regional games, particularly with Wichita and Missouri. I think this is the best he could get from the Shox. They declined a home & home set a couple of years ago when Brown, Stokes, and Wade were juniors.

Missouri has also been scheduled. Conzo Martin and Weber are tight from their days at Purdue. So, that one was easier.

Reactions: Doc

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Is it good for the game? I don’t think games between Kansas State and Wichita State matter nationally. I sure don’t give a ****. I’m sure you wouldn’t care if we started playing UNI again.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Is it good for the game? I don’t think games between Kansas State and Wichita State matter nationally. I sure don’t give a ****. I’m sure you wouldn’t care if we started playing UNI again.

Wichita is considered a power program like Houston, UCONN, Memphis - at least to their fans. They've been to the Final 4 recently. Regional TV will be very interested in this matchup, like Texas v. Houston or Tennessee v. Memphis in those parts. It will create a stir ...

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=17035311

I would always catch ISU v. Iowa and ISU v. UNI if on TV. So, your retort doesn't fit for me. But I love rivalry games which this clearly will be. Shox fans and their coach are pretty outspoken.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Props to K State, should be good games in great basketball environments. CBB is my favorite sport so I'm always in to non conference matchups like this. I'd love for ISU to schedule a series with a program like Wichita, I really liked the Cincy series we did a few years back.

Reactions: cycophagus

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

giphy.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
ISU v. Nebraska or Creighton would be a huge regional hit. We need more of those kinds of matchups in the OOC season.

We played Nebraska for a long time. It was never a hit.

We played Creighton back to back in the McD years. It wasn't a hit.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This is the best thing that has happened in Kansas since....................................

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
We played Nebraska for a long time. It was never a hit.

We played Creighton back to back in the McD years. It wasn't a hit.

Now it would be much different. I don't think its even comparable to where they were the McD years. It would be really good match up now that they are a Big East team. In the Orr years, the Creighton games were great, Cyclone fans packed the Civic in Omaha, same with Devaney in Lincoln. They were great games for fans that wanted to travel. I wouldn't love a series with the Huskers but a Creighton series would be great now that they have a program on par with ours.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wichita is considered a power program like Houston, UCONN, Memphis - at least to their fans. They've been to the Final 4 recently. Regional TV will be very interested in this matchup, like Texas v. Houston or Tennessee v. Memphis in those parts. It will create a stir ...

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=17035311

I would always catch ISU v. Iowa and ISU v. UNI if on TV. So, your retort doesn't fit for me. But I love rivalry games which this clearly will be. Shox fans and their coach are pretty outspoken.
The teams you listed, I wouldn't consider power but if I was a fan I'd hope for it I guess.
UConn is leaving the AAC to get into the Big East.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I know a lot of you like to bag on Surly, but I’ll agree with him here. Props to K-State for scheduling this. Both purple Kansas and regular Kansas should not be afraid to schedule Wichita. I also miss the days when ISU had UNI & Drake on the schedule.