Good Electives

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Bump. It's that time of year again, registration time.

So I've got my final semester all scheduled in but I realized after meeting with an advisor today, that I am 3 credits short on meeting my double degree. Any recommendations for a 3 credit elective?

I would prefer online availability to make it easier on my schedule, as I'll be taking 21 credits for the semester (with this elective) and working. It doesn't have to be a complete walk in the park but I'd prefer something that doesn't require a lot of studying or time commitment.

What area of study are you in? I think I took Agron 342 as an online class. It's World Food Issues - fulfilled some diversity requirement, I believe. There are little articles I had to write every couple weeks and quizzes I think you took in Carver, but looking back, I learned a lot from that class.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll have to take a look into some of those.

What area of study are you in? I think I took Agron 342 as an online class. It's World Food Issues - fulfilled some diversity requirement, I believe. There are little articles I had to write every couple weeks and quizzes I think you took in Carver, but looking back, I learned a lot from that class.

Finance and Accounting but I'm open to a class on whatever.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
AM IN 210 is what it was when I was in school I believer. American Indian Studies. If they still have that it's the easiest credit out there, even easier than PE classes I'd say. Also a good place to meet some athletes if you're in to that.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That I'm not sure on actually. I might have to look into that.

A lot of them will have a 501 prereq but I am guessing they waive it for the undergrad equivalent. Something like ACCT 581 would probably be easy for an accounting major.

If it has to be outside your major, they also offer an online MGMT class in entrepreneurship or the international version about every semester I think.

Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Sister-in-law is a freshman at ISU. She's looking for easy Social Science classes. Can anyone help me quick?

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
AM IN 210 is what it was when I was in school I believer. American Indian Studies. If they still have that it's the easiest credit out there, even easier than PE classes I'd say. Also a good place to meet some athletes if you're in to that.

Took that class with Dr. Larson years ago. It was pretty cool, we certainly dived into quite a bit of postmodernism at the end but it was an interesting class.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Sister-in-law is a freshman at ISU. She's looking for easy Social Science classes. Can anyone help me quick?

I took Poli Sci 215 back in about 1979 with Steffen Schmidt. I think he still teaches it. Class wasn't much different than high school government and he was interesting and amusing.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I think I did Psych 230 for that - child development or something like that. Psych 280 (don't remember the name) also looked interesting but was already full. I know people liked that one.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Needed 3 credits in the spring just to make full-time, so I signed up for Journalism 101. Talked to someone else about it that said you don't actually have to write any papers and it's easy. My kind of class.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Needed 3 credits in the spring just to make full-time, so I signed up for Journalism 101. Talked to someone else about it that said you don't actually have to write any papers and it's easy. My kind of class.

That's when it is time for some PE type KIN classes and Concert Band. Do they still offer fencing and rock climbing? That was my only exposure to either of them but it was fun.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron