Good deed for the day

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Ok people. I'm asking you to please retweet this. This woman was my 6th grade teacher and I'd like to help her out if possible. I know it's been a life long dream of hers to find her birth parents. I think the demographics of this board (central Iowa) mean there's a good chance someone on here knows someone who knows someone....

Reactions: Cyclonepride

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
If the sharing of the post doesn't work, on Facebook there is a closed group called Search Squad. They have several people that are 'search angels' and they help connect people like this. Many success stories are posted, and it's free, so it's worth a try.

I found my bio-father via a genetic test. In my case, it was worth the $100 for the test.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
If the sharing of the post doesn't work, on Facebook there is a closed group called Search Squad. They have several people that are 'search angels' and they help connect people like this. Many success stories are posted, and it's free, so it's worth a try.

I found my bio-father via a genetic test. In my case, it was worth the $100 for the test.
I'll check it out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok people. I'm asking you to please retweet this. This woman was my 6th grade teacher and I'd like to help her out if possible. I know it's been a life long dream of hers to find her birth parents. I think the demographics of this board (central Iowa) mean there's a good chance someone on here knows someone who knows someone....

You claimed to be amish at one time. I thought amish didn't let outsiders teach them? Are you saying you left before sixth grade or you joined after sixth?

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
You claimed to be amish at one time. I thought amish didn't let outsiders teach them? Are you saying you left before sixth grade or you joined after sixth?
Actually, she has since left the Amish, not that it matters.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

Update. I found the page on Facebook and asked for admission. Apparently they don't let you in unless you're looking for help for yourself, which I'm not. Anyway, I had a long chat with one of the administrators of the page. She wanted to know what my involvement was and I told her I was asking on behalf of a friend. So she said she'd contact my friend directly.

She was very helpful and also pointed out that the picture should have some kind of contact info on it, preferably an email address to screen the crank calls.