Good article from Hines on Prohm's background

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I would rather have a "no-cursing rule" rather than a Bobby Knight culture on the two extremes of the spectrum, however I think its probably a respect thing and I wonder how strongly he enforces it

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
What's with the lame 'no cursing' rule?

I don't know that this is a bad thing. Developing young men is still a nice thing to do if you can. Seems like requiring them to not swear during the 40-50 hours per week when they're playing/practicing basketball is something that can help prepare them for life after basketball in the workforce.

It's not like Prohm is going to follow them around in their apartments or dorms to make sure they never curse.

If they slip up, they are probably running some wind sprints so it's not like he's going to boot them for language.

You can still be a player's coach and mix in some discipline and high expectations.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't know that this is a bad thing. Developing young men is still a nice thing to do if you can. Seems like requiring them to not swear during the 40-50 hours per week when they're playing/practicing basketball is something that can help prepare them for life after basketball in the workforce.

It's not like Prohm is going to follow them around in their apartments or dorms to make sure they never curse.

If they slip up, they are probably running some wind sprints so it's not like he's going to boot them for language.

You can still be a player's coach and mix in some discipline and high expectations.

What the hell does cursing have to do with developing them for life after college? So if I curse it means I am not disciplined? They are just ******* words.
And these kids listen to ******* rap music. Now they can listen to it but have to use their ******* headphones ? what's the difference?
I just think it's kind of ******* annoying. I can guarantee you that if any play professionally there will be an abundance of cursing on the ******* court and in the god damn locker room. It's just ******* stupid *** pleasantville 1940s ********.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What the hell does cursing have to do with developing them for life after college? So if I curse it means I am not disciplined? They are just ******* words.
And these kids listen to ******* rap music. Now they can listen to it but have to use their ******* headphones ? what's the difference?
I just think it's kind of ******* annoying. I can guarantee you that if any play professionally there will be an abundance of cursing on the ******* court and in the god damn locker room. It's just ******* stupid *** pleasantville 1940s ********.

Calm down.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City

Look you play for the Yankees you have to shave and get a hair cut. Prohm takes cursing a way. Maybe it adds nothing, but I bet it adds self discipline, and team discipline. My grandmother would tell them that they will have a better vocabulary, because cursing is just taking the easy way out of saying what you mean.

Although I would argue at times there is not replacement for a good curse.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
Although I would argue at times there is not replacement for a good curse.

attachment.php

Attachments

• brS6EHn.png
    brS6EHn.png
    933.6 KB · Views: 494

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I am sure the OU coach might also implement a no curing rule so that the curse words don't slip out during a game and turn around the momentum for an opponent in a big game so they can come back from 20 points down.

The more I read about Coach Prohm the more I like the guy. The article explains a lot about my first impression of him as a very humble man, thankful for the opportunity he has been given.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I am sure the OU coach might also implement a no curing rule so that the curse words don't slip out during a game and turn around the momentum for an opponent in a big game so they can come back from 20 points down.

The more I read about Coach Prohm the more I like the guy. The article explains a lot about my first impression of him as a very humble man, thankful for the opportunity he has been given.

Talk about a four letter word that ill always remember in a game and why. That as well as the constant floor slaps as ISU waltzed its way to easy bucket after easy bucket once they got on a roll. :twitcy::twitcy:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron