Golf trolls strike again - this time at LPGA Major

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lexi Thompson had a 2 stroke lead with five holes left and some TV viewing troll rewatching yesterday's round emails in a complaint against her. They look at the tape and it looks like she mismarked her ball on a one foot putt by a inch sideways. So they mull it over and assess her a 4 stroke penalty (2 for the infraction and 2 for signing in incorrect card). JFC. Unless a player files a complaint or officials notice something they should not be doing after the fact rules reviews a day late based on TV viewers who are replaying, zooming in and going slow motion just to find something. Say you have money bet on a player and have skin in the game so are looking for this stuff?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I mean half of golf's rules seem stupid anyways, but she cheated so I don't see it as a huge deal. Bigger issue to me is that golf would penalize players after the fact for something caught by a random TV viewer and not an official.

I don't agree with allowing the at-home viewers to affect the outcome either. Either in-person, official, or other golfer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If Lexi doesn't finish her comeback to win this they should forgo the pond jump, do the trophy off camera and just send everyone home.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Lexi just hit a hell of a shot there. Has an Eagle putt for the win. Birdie to send it to a Playoff.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Lexi loses in a Playoff. Have a feeling this is going to be a "talker" in the sports media world tomorrow. At least in the Golf world.

Masters players press conferences should give some interesting takes on it this week.