Golf: The Open Championship

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My group of Speith, Casey, Hoffman, Westwood, and Lowry is looking pretty dang solid right now.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Man, anyone sitting +2 or higher are going to have to play some really good golf tomorrow to stay above the cut line. Sounds like conditions are going to be pretty ugly.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Man, anyone sitting +2 or higher are going to have to play some really good golf tomorrow to stay above the cut line. Sounds like conditions are going to be pretty ugly.

They just need to be right around even which will be difficult but there will be some guys ahead of them throwing up huge numbers and moving the line.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
For some reason, when I think of Charley Hoffman, my mind goes to a picture of Phillips Seymour Hoffman.

Mine goes to some combination of Harry from Dumb and Dumber and Uncle Joey from Full House.

Anyway, Rory lit the torch on the back today. He could make a move tomorrow. I'm worried Garcia doesn't have it, though, it's kind of his deal to be mediocre and through the next two days wiggle into some form of contention. Ricky looked like he was fighting and with his putter he can always throw up a great round.

From the start, though, this thing felt like Spieth and I just don't see a lot of reason to doubt he will win unless Brookes just keeps hammering the place. Kucher is interesting because I don't know that poor conditions will faze him at all but at the same time I just don't see him hitting the ball well enough to compete with Spieth.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Guys that haven't teed off yet are ******. Conditions are starting to turn.
You could see more wind in the little bit I caught this morning. The announcers commented that it was really starting to pick up. Zach Johnson was the only one to make any sort of real move in the right direction so far.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Exactly, outside of a few outliers like Fowler and Daly, this guy is about as close as you get to the guy running around with a beer helmet.

I bet Dufner would make a hell of a beer pong partner. Just make sure you don't drink out of his spitter though.

Reactions: AmesHawk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The projected cut is floating between +4 and +5. I'm guessing the afternoon groups are going to push the line to +5.