Golf game... what to buy?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I didn’t realize that many people cared about golf enough to take lessons. I love golfing and do it once maybe twice a week during the summers, but I’m not doing it for a living. Paying for lessons seems silly, but to each their own

Lessons are a game changer. Most people don't need a complete reset on how they grip/swing the club. A good pro will work with what your doing and make adjustments. When I was in high school I literally went from a huge banana slice to bombing it down the middle in one lesson. It's well worth it even if you play a few times a year because those few times will be much more enjoyable.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Lessons are a game changer. Most people don't need a complete reset on how they grip/swing the club. A good pro will work with what your doing and make adjustments. When I was in high school I literally went from a huge banana slice to bombing it down the middle in one lesson. It's well worth it even if you play a few times a year because those few times will be much more enjoyable.

Agree. Finding a semi-consistent way of striking the ball completely changes the game and makes it that much more fun to play.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy
Nov 23, 2019
One other way to make playing more enjoyable that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is to play the front tees (Reds or Yellows). I see a lot of people playing Whites or Blues that probably shouldn’t be playing that far back given their respective abilities.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What I’ve found most helpful…

1: Time the hit just right, don’t wait for the windmill blade to be any further than in the 3:30 position.

2: Take advantage of the wood rails, bounce shots are the key.

• Haha
Reactions: Gunnerclone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What I’ve found most helpful…

1: Time the hit just right, don’t wait for the windmill blade to be any further than in the 3:30 position.

2: Take advantage of the wood rails, bounce shots are the key.
Should I go for the clown’s mouth in one or lay up?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I have all the best equipment and play 2-3 times a week but my game still sucks balls. What do I need to buy?
The best soccer players in the world practice 3-4 times as much as they play. So maybe one round a week at 2 times at the range will help. Golf takes a **** ton of practice to be good at. Otherwise, you just have to accept you are always going to be around whatever you regularly shoot.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Does anyone play Tour Edge equipment
My son has a Tour Edge Driver and it clearly helped his game. I tried it at the driving range and hit it better than what I had in my bag at the time. I have been impressed with their equipment. Made locally in suburbs of Chicago, and they dont' spend a lot on sponsoring the pros and it helps keep their pricing lower than the bigger name firms.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Man, I sold my RadSpeed and started playing Srixon ZX5s this weekend. I can't believe how much I love them. I didn't plan to replace the Cobras but a buddy tried them and loved them so I took advantage of my son's 50% discount. So glad to play them.

I do have a new Srixon driver I haven't taken out of the plastic yet if anyone is looking. I still really like my driver so I don't need it. DM if interested.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
My son has a Tour Edge Driver and it clearly helped his game. I tried it at the driving range and hit it better than what I had in my bag at the time. I have been impressed with their equipment. Made locally in suburbs of Chicago, and they dont' spend a lot on sponsoring the pros and it helps keep their pricing lower than the bigger name firms.
I've read really good things about them. Looking to replace my 3 and 5 woods. Very good pricing and reviews.