Gold unis on Wednesday

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Speaking of Uniforms; when is the tired, Baggy-Pants, drapes to your knees, half-dress / skirts fashion ever going to go out of style. Geeze; they droop to mid-calf on some short dudes.

I swear it's been around since Michigan's' Fab Five in the mid-1990's. I think they look dumb, but I'm not saying we need to go back to the 1970 crotch-huggers, but at least something in between.

It could save on uniform costs too!!

Did you happen to see the player from Texas Southern I believe? He was about 4'-8" and his shorts were litterall 4 inches above his shoes!!! Haha, I didn't know how he didn't trip on his shorts, or dribble between his legs. It gets to a point where they have to be unconfortable and distracting.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
So you want these?

lakers.jpg

That is the best picture I have ever seen!

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Speaking of Uniforms; when is the tired, Baggy-Pants, drapes to your knees, half-dress / skirts fashion ever going to go out of style. Geeze; they droop to mid-calf on some short dudes.

I swear it's been around since Michigan's' Fab Five in the mid-1990's. I think they look dumb, but I'm not saying we need to go back to the 1970 crotch-huggers, but at least something in between.

It could save on uniform costs too!!

If you want to see some shants, check out the uniforms for Huskers Womens Basketball! :eek:

Last edited:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Gold uni's are cool but strictly a home or home (tourney) uni. And leave the short short's to Hooter's. I've got no need to see that much of a guy's thigh.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Our two primary colors are Cardinal and GOLD. Why not wear the Gold ones? We got rid of the blue from our stuff for a reason, more emphasis on cardinal and gold. Cardinal are my favs, but why waste time with white? just go with the gold baby!

usnclone

Feb 9, 2007
That is the best picture I have ever seen!

I apologize for getting off subject. I happened to see Kobe was wearing Nike. I would assume he would be required to wear Adidas unless they dropped ties with him after his ordeal. Anyone know? just a lil curious.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Pretty sure Kobe has always been a Nike guy.

*edit*: I was wrong. He was with Adidas when he first broke into the league, but in 2003 he signed a 5 year, $45 million deal with Nike.

Last edited:

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This year's "gold" uniforms are awful. They look like McDonalds uniforms. Can't wait until next year when we actually go back to the school colors- Cardinal and Gold, not red and yellow

Last edited:

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Think we'll bring them out on Wednesday? They kind of fall into the "so ugly they're cool" group of uniforms, but they're an attention-getter. If nothing else, someone flipping by ESPN would get sucked into watching a bit of the game.

You think people would tune into some of the game because of gold uniforms? Don't you think Kansas being the #2 team in the nation would have more pull for most folks? If gold unis garner that much attention, we should wear them every game.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I love the gold/yellow uniforms. I also have no problem with the baggy shorts; 2" past the knee is pretty comfy.