Gold fb unis here to stay

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I tried but I just can't make myself like the gold jerseys. I'd rather see us go with an alternate helmet (gold or white) which would give us 8 possible uniform combos, or 12 if they brought back the cardinal pants as well.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
All Gold would be amazing.

All Gold Everythang

Crazy Dutch bastards.

Goldmember1.jpg

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
theshadow beat me to it, but:

[video=youtube;DOFAnpb8I3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFAnpb8I3E[/video]

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
No no no no no no to the solid color look on the pant/jersey/helmet. That 4-5 year look in CFB is over for the most part. Thankfully. Maybe try a time machine and go back to 2005 if that's your thing.

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. You guys can post all the photos of monochrome unis you want. They ALWAYS look like some sort of hideous pajamas from a drug-fueled nightmare. I don't know why anyone ever thought that would be a good look on the football field. For anybody.

(Okay, except for all-white, that isn't so bad. But don't you guys remember the Iowa State solid reds fifteen or so years back? Pajamas, I tell ya. Hideous, hideous pajamas.)

View attachment 21393

Last edited:

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Intersting that you would compare to the 49ers as it was the 49ers who in the 60's? Or may e 50's I believe purchased the rights to their gold color from??. That's right Iowa State. And that is why we went to the awful shades of mustard yellow instead of a real gold color.

At least that's what I remember reading correct me if I'm wrong.

As a Cyclones/49ers fan, I would love some confirmation on this. Brief internet searching has turned up no evidence of this.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. You guys can post all the photos of monochrome unis you want. They ALWAYS look like some sort of hideous pajamas from a drug-fueled nightmare. I don't know why anyone ever thought that would be a good look on the football field. For anybody.

(Okay, except for all-white, that isn't so bad. But don't you guys remember the Iowa State solid reds fifteen or so years back? Pajamas, I tell ya. Hideous, hideous pajamas.)

View attachment 21393

This.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
As far as the redshirting thing - isn't that a thing in basketball? Or at least it used to be? Where somebody could play a small amount in non-conference but still be allowed to redshirt?

On the uniform topic though, I want our Jack Trice throwbacks to become just our normal jerseys. They look a million times better than our normal home uniform.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I guess I don't get the love for the throwbacks we wore against Iowa. The greenish/yellow pants looked awful and didn't match the straight yellow helmets. Didn't mind the logo at all, but the uniforms were ugly.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron